wildlife

RPG

King
Is it possible to use the animal unit art (bears, wolves, etc.) as a resource? I don't want or need it to provide any benefits, I'm just trying to represent wildlife on the map that won't disappear like the units do.

It's possible to do almost anything. This would require some SDK work, but probably wouldn't be as complicated as you would think; though it wouldn't be simple. If I were to want to do this, I would look at how resources are added to the map, ie track how they are loaded into CvInfos, and then where they are referenced in other objects. My guess would be that they are loaded into a CvPlot object (though I'm not sure); if this were the case it would be possible to add an atribute to a CvUnit object (the animal unit in question), that adds the resource to the CvPlot object the unit is on.

I think what he means is use that art as a resource, not some complected SDK thing. I don't know is what he says is possible, though.

Yeah, I can't do any complicated sdk thing. Just hoping to get the art on the map.

Yeah, I can't do any complicated sdk thing. Just hoping to get the art on the map.

Ah, I thought you wanted roaming animal units to provide resources. Well, best thing to do, would be simply to try it. Plug in the art for the unit into ArtDefines_Bonus and see if it works. I think it should, though you may need to adjust the scale.

Top Bottom