1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wildmana 7.6 Development Thread

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by Sephi, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

let me know if more Documentation is needed. One thing I plan to do is to merge the Austrin from Fall Further, probably with adding a new gameplay mechanic to them. So any ideas/feedback to them would be nice :)

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

one thing I think would be worth mentioning in the Sheaim concept section is the new way the pyre zombies' explosion works ;)

3. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

yeah, the Help text for Pyre Zombies needs an update.

4. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

What's new in Pyre Zombie explosion?

5. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

I copied the tweak made by Vehem in FF. Pyre have small collateral damage and their explosion only damages the unit which killed them.

6. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

Sephi,

Made a help tag for the pyre zombie.

<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_PYRE_ZOMBIE_HELP</Tag>
    <English>[ICON_BULLET] Pyre Zombies explode on their attacker when they are destroyed.</English>

7. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

that's great. Could you please make one for TXT_KEY_BUILDING_HALL_OF_MIRRORS_HELP as well? Something like creates Illusions of city attackers. I have already updated the XML to point to this txt_key. Right now Hall of Mirrors have no help at all.

8. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

The building creates an illusion of city attackers? do you mean defenders to the attackers?

9. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

basically the building looks for a hostile unit adjacent to the city and creates an illusion of that to guard the city. But the helptext should be short since it is used in mouseover help also.

10. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

this is what I had came up with waiting for your clarification.

English>[ICON_BULLET]Creates the illusion of more defenders to city attackers.</English>

11. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

sounds great

12. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

i will upload a revesion this evening before i shut down for the night.

13. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

The End of the Ice Age Option does not kick in until the end of turn one going into turn two. I assume that this may have been done to allow the player to see the map more clearly before they settle the first city.
    IMHO this takes away from the ambience of the starting enviroment, and the age of ice tile effects should be created prior to gameplay not after the first city is settled.
    Yes it may be harder to see the underlying tiles for what they are, but there are toggles to help with that. Watching the world go from summer to winter in the first turn is more of a negative, then having to make a decision about city placement. Assuming that this was intended of course.

14. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

that gameoption sucks anyway. now, if Sephi merged the improved version by Jean Elcard I would use it all the time. would be awesome if ocean ice could be changed so that land units can walk on it, so that you can explore beyond water gaps, until they start melting :lol:

15. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

Very cool indeed, I had often thought that would be a nice touch!!

16. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

I just experienced my first Golem bonus via the Random Events (recieved a golem)
    The button-icon is of the vanilla warrior flavor, would be nice to have something more inline with FFH/Wild Mana flavor.... ;)

17. Eshnunna

Eshnunna Chieftain

Stupid quick question, feel free to declare me an heretic.

What's the rationale behind the new agrarianism ?

Is it supposed to be not too exciting due to its early availability, and give an incentive to adopt another civic of the category ?

18. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

any chance that now that they got nerfed a bit Malakim can get a bonus to health in their cities to balance out the ridicolous amount of unhealthy they get from their numerous floodplains?

also, I've noticed ancient forests don't change to scrubs in their territory, this should be changed as they look really weird and are not useful anyway ;)

19. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

I am not sure what the intention was in the changes. But I do know that it does come in handy with certain civs/enviroments where health is a major factor to deal with, and this civic gives me an option to deal with unhealthiness until the game moves on to the middle and late eras.

Its useful for Malakim/Floodplains and heavy Jungle enviroments is my quick response to that question.

20. DonQuigleone

DonQuigleone Chieftain

What if Siege Weapons could do the whole ranged warfare thing like Ranged Units can? Except perhaps they also get Collateral Damage as well. As it is now most siege Units are just used to bombard defenses, or be thrown against large stacks. Cannons were still very powerful, so perhaps to balance it out you could limit cannons to 4.