Will anyone else do this when G&K comes out

theguy8882

Warlord
When G&K comes out I plan to do either a huge or standard map so that I can either take one civ off the huge or add one to the standard so that I can play as a new civ and make all the other nine one of the civs from G&K. Will anyone else do this?. And how will you set up your first game once G&K comes out.

There is already a thread like this, so since you haven't noticed I'm presuming it went dead.

My plan
Elizabeth
Large (11 civs), 20 city states, Quick game, Pangea.
Elizabeth vs all the 9 new civs + Spain.

My plan? Ethiopia, Pangaea, Deity, Always War, OCC with Atilla, Boudicca, Montezuma, Napoleon, Genghis, Bismarck, Harald and Oda.

Teams, probably Sandstorm, Emperor

New World vs. Old World
Montezuma, Pacal, Hiawatha, Pachacuti v Isabella, Elizabeth, William, Napoleon

Civ: Carthage
Everything else: negotiable

Even if I will deliberately avoid ever using the mountain crossing ability, or have to pretend I'm playing as Hannibal. :lol:

Civ: China, on a map large enough to have 10 players (China plus the newbies) with city-states. Probably Continents Plus with Abundant resources, on Quick speed, Prince difficulty. That'll let me gauge the new stuff.

Just to start i'll probably play warlord so I know how to play with all the new systems. I like how is kingofbigoz going is probably the same execpt i'll start with russia instead of england and as many city-states as possible. And I forgot check out the social policys techs learn everything from the tech tree and civiliopedia before I play. Check out the new way with the overviews. Otherwise then play Russia and then the new civs in this order Austria, Byzantines, Netherlands, Swedan, Carthage, Ethiopia, Mayans, Celts, and Huns. Then i'll play scenarios, again in order from fall of rome, the renascinace and then the smoky skies scenario. and then post everything I experance and then play non stop. and after that you won't see me until either another expansion or civ 6 comes out which might take 1-3 years. So thats my longest post and 12 days left until Gods and Kings comes out. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! This I feel :D:twitch::hammer2::wallbash::aargh::w00t:

Drop down a level to emperor and practice using one of the new civs. I haven't yet picked one to begin with. I'll wait and see the full list with the identified and explained UUs, UAs, UBs.

since everyone's going with exact descriptions i'll say i'm going

Size: Huge
Map Type: Continents (I want to give the reworked naval combat a try and give Carthage a chance)
other civs (friends, or enemies): Carthaginians, Celts, Byzantines, Austrians, Dutch, Swedes, Ethiopians, Huns
Me: Mayans
Length: Standard
Difficulty: King

I want to go for a science victory and I'll definitely try to play the religion game.

well me:
Huge map
continents
22 players
max city states
marathon
prince
as Rome ;)

Map: Standard-Large
Civs: 9
My civ: Byzantium
Map: Continents
Difficulty: Prince
Play style: Cultural/Religious

I really want to get my hands on the "Gods" aspect of Gods and Kings. I'll probably spend a few days redoing this until I feel I've mastered the religious aspect. Until then, I'll be playing vanilla and trying to move up in difficulty.

I really want to get my hands on the "Gods" aspect of Gods and Kings. I'll probably spend a few days redoing this until I feel I've mastered the religious aspect.

Me too, which is why I'd like to play as the Celts first (besides the simple tribal reason that I'm Irish...).

I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking of starting with Byzantium as well to get an understanding of how the religious system works, on a huge map against 7 other (random) civs. When I've figured it out I intent to try out the other new civs, and later the Into the renaissance & Fall of Rome scenario's.

I will probably play Sweden or Austria on a Standard (I like crowded maps) continents map or even small continents/islands (or what it is called) on my first couple of games. I guess I will just feel around in the religion system before playing a civ that have religion pretty much as a requirement.

But Ethiopia, hmm suits my playing style :)

Civ: China, on a map large enough to have 10 players (China plus the newbies) with city-states. Probably Continents Plus with Abundant resources, on Quick speed, Prince difficulty. That'll let me gauge the new stuff.

I'll probably do the same. I really want to play the Byzantines first but that'll leave me unable to talk to Theodora... :confused:

Herald with the nine new girls in town on huge map with continents.:coffee:

Top Bottom