1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Asians dominate CFC?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Red Stranger, Apr 9, 2006.

?

Who's Asian?

1. I am fully Asian (Indian and Russian counts too)

21 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I am 1/2 Asian

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. I am 1/4 Asian

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  4. I of between 0 and 1/4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am not Asian.

129 vote(s)
    83.8%
  1. Red Stranger

Red Stranger Emperor

Everyday I post here, I found out that another member is Asian. I want to know how many actually are.

Moderator Action: titled updated - Rik

2. Snow

Snow Warlord

Should probably change the title to will Asians dominate the CFC.

How does Indian and Russian count as Asian? I guess you could make the case for some russians though.

3. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

Since their are roughly 3.7 Billion people in Asia and this is 56% of the worlds population, and there are technological revolutions going on in many of the historically more backward countries(sounds non politicaly correct but you know what I mean) I'd imagine yeah eventually they probably will, but since the PC use of Asia compare to the rest of the world is currently fairly low, about a half of the rest of the world, it'll be a while before this happens. Asia as a continent is everywhere but Europe, Africa, Australasia, North&South America and Antarctica. Israel, Turkey and Iran and the Saudis are also Asian.

EDIT:

Asian means coming from the continent of Asia the countries this comprises are outlined in the above post :D

4. Dann

Dann Green bug

@Red Stranger
    China =/= Asia.

A lot of non-Chinese Asians (I could identify a few Japanese, Vietnamese, Koreans, Singaporeans, Malaysians, Indonesians, Indians, Iranians etc. on this forum) are going to be offended by the thread title. :lol: Change it ASAP.

@Snow
    Yes Indians are Asian. South Asian to be precise.

5. Elrohir

Elrohir RELATIONAL VALORIZATION

I'm 0% Asian. I imagine eventaully Asians will come to dominate the internet, since there's so many of them, but it'll be awhile before the internet becomes as available to the average Chinese or Indian or Russian citizen on the level that it is to the average American or European citizen.

6. Gladi

Gladi The ignored thread killer

Bright day
    Well lot of people live in Asia... so actually people from asia are underrepresented.

Snow- he meant, I think, people by geography, not ethnicity. Indians are still mostly europoid.

7. A'AbarachAmadan

A'AbarachAmadan Deity

I'm not Asian, but right now I live in Asia.

8. Chukchi Husky

Chukchi Husky Lone Wolf

When I went to school everyone thought I was Chinese.

9. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Exactly. Our country is European, even through "Eastern" whether people like it or not. I say the thread starter is uniformed and possibly xenophobic.

10. kingjoshi

kingjoshi King

What's with China equaling Asia? Anyway, Asians in Asia have websites with their own languages I'd assume.

And why include the bit about India and Russia counting? So do Pakistanis, Afghans, Iranians, Saudis, Turks, etc.

11. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

Good because otherwise everyones African ;)

Strange were you somewhat diminuitive with distinctive facial features, or were you just automatically a kung fu expert like all chinese are ;) :lol:

12. Chukchi Husky

Chukchi Husky Lone Wolf

I have squinty eyes.

13. Carcosa

Carcosa Chieftain

In his defense, it's a really nice uniform.

14. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

If you wanted to know wouldnt it have made more sense for you to make this a public poll.

15. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

I don't know how 'Russian' can count as Asian, unless you mean Rusians from east of the Urals, but you really should specify, I have a couple or Russian friends who I think of as European.

Plus given that India has a pupulation of 1 billion i think it's rather inaccurate to class them as Chinese:crazyeye:

16. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

Erm maybe I missed something but Russia is on the continent of Asia in it's entirity thus all Russians are Asians, all indians all Israelites and all Turkish citizens all Asian do you mean chinese? Or Asian?

http://worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/asia/jo.htm

Here's Jordan look at the map of Asia :D

17. kingjoshi

kingjoshi King

Well, since they look white, they can't be Asians. Here's another shocking tidbit, Jews are Asians too! Asians is one of the most worthless descriptions around..

EDIT: whoops, got carried away. Israelites and Palestinians are Asians. Anyway, the whole thing gets confusing..

18. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

West Russia, including Moscow, St. Petersburg, Novograd and Kursk are all definetly European.

West Russia is also on the European continent.

19. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

Uh, I'm not Asian ... and I haven't seen too many people from Asia in the forums (not more than I expected)

20. Aramazd

Aramazd Deity

I am not sure if I am Asian. Does Armenian count as Asian? If so, then I am 1/4 asian.