1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Will C2C ever have a "Final Version"?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Epi3B1rD, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Epi3B1rD

Epi3B1rD Chieftain

While looking through this sub-forum (Which I do often, I'm a huge fan of C2C), I was thinking: After you guys put in all the planned major features of this mod, what will be of C2C afterwards? What will the modders do next? Will C2C ever reach a point where you guys could add nothing more to the game?

Just curious.

2. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I have no idea what the future holds, but I figure the final version won't come until we get bored with C2C, and that won't happen anytime soon. This is a labor of love, and as long as I still enjoy modding C2C and there's a team still around, I'll keep at it.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Maybe. Perhaps. Years off, if ever. And probably another couple of branches off of C2C thereafter. I suppose something huge could happen to bring it all to a sudden end in December though... lol.

4. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Considering I have not even finished half of my ideas from RoM/AND I will say it will be many years off. The Multi-Maps alone will open up so much new stuff that it will be equal to its own mod. Because really all we have seen is the "Caveman" side of Caveman2Cosmos. We still have the "Cosmos" side to make. Not to mention all the stuff inbetween.

I have to say though that we have survived Civ5 and have been more active than ever. Unless Civ6 is super awesome I don't see C2C "wrapping up". I love this game and the community. And see it lasting for a good long while.

5. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

even on the caveman side there are thinks to do like the normadic start ;)

6. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

There are lot of thing to do! Nomadic start, Multi-mpa, Combat Mod, Better AI, more realistic Culture, more realisitc GEM, Undersea city, more alt-timeline (neanderthal, stonepunk, cyberpunk, biopunk, atompunk, elfpunk, dinopunk, nanopunk, time travel...), 3D map for all space map, aliens, better corporation, better slavery, Evil&Good Matters...
    When all of this will be done, computers cill be able to run 207 multi-map with no issue and the 256To Ram will help to imrove AI again, put bigger map, 600 civ at the sme time (with som alien civ in others planet while you platin on earth...), Augmented reality to see combat in front of you on your desktop, play with thougth (interface total refonte)...
    So maybe 2056

7. chueche

chueche Chieftain

December of 2012 is anyway finish, then we can only play atomicpunk or with zombiecivs:sarcasm:

8. jjake101

jjake101 Warlord

I suppose if they finnish C2C for Civ 4 they'll move on to Civ 5

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

You're new here, aren't you?

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

11. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

:yup: He is.

12. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

No offense to you, but THAT will "never" happen.:vomit:

13. buck beach

buck beach Prince

This will pee off many of you here. I recognize how much work you all have put in on this and there are some great ideas incorporated in it. I am currently at 1647 AD and have been on the edge of quitting it for some time, but, basically I have been hanging on to see if the game hangs or crashes like ROM/AND (my favorite of all mods).

Today I am throwing in the towel. IMHO, there is no game here, it is just one great big sandbox cluttered with never ending lines of building that carry though to redundancy. Eaxmples the music instrument line, or the Criminal line (Rogues, Pirates, Assassins, Outlaws etc), or the small shop line (Candy, Ice Cream, etc, etc). Where is the challange in building all of these buildings in each city and shoveling in tons of Gold, Science, Happiness with the increased Commerce, not to mention the Production and Foods, all on steroids.

I'm sorry if this offends any of you. You have your idea what the game should be and it just doesn't match mine.

Before it can be asked, "No I couldn't do any better", and again there are some excellent items in it.

Buck:(

I hope this criticism doesn't follow me back to ROM/AND. I am a fan of Civ4 and most of the mods and additions.

14. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

As Roy Rogers used to sing at the end of his long time series of Western Shows, "Happy Trails to You.":p

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The more is more philosophy doesn't work for everyone. And we do recognize the need to continuously work on getting the mod into a balanced state, which is always going to be challenging given the sheer volume of buildings. But we want these buildings and see it more as a challenge we'll eventually have nicely resolved rather than any cause to remove them or shave them down.

16. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I personally am not offended, just sad that you are quitting like this. There are some valid points you complain about (I suspect that there are a good many redundancies in the building tree), but I don't see why the response to that would be just to leave.

17. Visp

Visp Chieftain

Well, that's precisely why I like it. It's the perfect civ simulator:cool:
    And even though it's time consuming, I love the extend to witch you can influence and shape things:goodjob: