• Haven't bought Civ 5 yet, am more likely to buy Civ 6

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Haven't bought Civ 5 yet, am less likely to buy Civ 6

Votes: 28 10.9%
  • Haven't bought Civ 5 yet, will definitely not buy Civ 6

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Many civfanatics are not happy. But casual "civers" are much more happy than with older civs. So if it impacts civ6 it would be in a positive way. At least when talking about sales.
Talking about civ quality is another thing...

I don't think the mixed reception of Civ5 at the fanatical fanbase will have much of an impact for Civ6 sales, even if Civ5 will not improve substantially with patches and X-packs.
By the time Civ6 rolls out, hope and desire for the "next Civ" will have replaced the anguish with Civ5.

Anyone remembers Civ4:Colonization? Pretty graphics, great atmosphere, good critical reception, fun to play ... for a while.
Until you realize the horrid balance, how incompetent the AI is and how much better it could have been with a bit more commitment on the developer/publisher side.
Even Tom Chick fell for it (that might be the reason he came down so hard on Civ5, fool me once ...)

I had conveniently forgotten how C4:Col turned out, and was sold on Civ5 at the latest after playing the demo. Will happen again with Civ6, and I'm certain I will not be alone in that regard ;)

Mind you, Civ5 is not a bad game in my opinion, I just fear it will lack the longevity of almost every prior incarnation/spin-off.

I'm not a big fan of polls that force you to commit to some opinion. You completely miss out on the proportion of people who simply don't care or don't agree with any of the selectable options. And some of those people would put their vote where it shouldn't be, making the results questionable.

Of course, it's not a serious poll so who cares, but just wanted to mention it.

When civ6 is on the way, honestly, the marketing in the lead up is going to have a lot more impact than the sales of civ5.

This vote cannot be too early.

At this moment, would you buy a completly new iteration of Civilization (Civ6)? Does Civ5 have any influence on this and if so, in a positive or negative way?

For me, Civ 5 destroyed my blind trust in the Civ-brand. So I've voted the third option "Bought Civ 5, am less likely to buy Civ 6".

Yes, I know there might be expansions and the chance that Civ5 eventually evolves into something better. But I'll certainly not buy the next expansions and following civ-games without care anymore.

This vote cannot be too early.

At this moment, would you buy a completly new iteration of Civilization (Civ6)? Does Civ5 have any influence on this and if so, in a positive or negative way?

For me, Civ 5 destroyed my blind trust in the Civ-brand. So I've voted the third option "Bought Civ 5, am less likely to buy Civ 6".

Yes, I know there might be expansions and the chance that Civ5 eventually evolves into something better. But I'll certainly not buy the next expansions and following civ-games without care anymore.
Thank you.

This was really the reason I was asking the question. I am sure I could have worded the entire thing much better but I realized that my personal experience with Civ 5 had made me actually not want to buy Civ 6 for at least a year after release. That is a rare thing for someone that loves the civ series as much as I do. I was essentially curious whether other "fanatics" had a similar reaction, or the opposite reaction; and for what reasons.

Of course it is way off in the future (if it even happens) and of course Civ 5 will get more content in that time, but surely the release of Civ 5 has impacted the "fanatic" community's feelings about the next civ installment in some way...

This poll was a way to see how it has affected it. And I know marketing and non-fanatics and reviews will all play a part, but honestly I bought this one on blind faith, and I feel used to an extent... I wanted to hear how everyone else felt about it.

Thank you.

This was really the reason I was asking the question. I am sure I could have worded the entire thing much better but I realized that my personal experience with Civ 5 had made me actually not want to buy Civ 6 for at least a year after release. That is a rare thing for someone that loves the civ series as much as I do. I was essentially curious whether other "fanatics" had a similar reaction, or the opposite reaction; and for what reasons.

Of course it is way off in the future (if it even happens) and of course Civ 5 will get more content in that time, but surely the release of Civ 5 has impacted the "fanatic" community's feelings about the next civ installment in some way...

This poll was a way to see how it has affected it. And I know marketing and non-fanatics and reviews will all play a part, but honestly I bought this one on blind faith, and I feel used to an extent... I wanted to hear how everyone else felt about it.

Once again i disagree, this poll is only showing the current feelings on CiV, which doesn't predict the future (in like 3-5 years) sales. People were frustrated about cIV problems (in the beginning), and yet they still bought CiV. Thinks change over time, new patches and DLC along with expansions will change opinions.

If you wanted to get everyone else feeling about the current, you really didn't need to ask this question, just look at some other threads with polls.

I will definitely buy civ 6 but I will probably wait longer to buy it bcause of civ 5

At this point would you really want 2k/firaxis in charge of development?

That wouldn't happen.. it would be more of a joint venture bwt Firaxis and EA.

I will definitely not trust Firaxis or the test reviews again! I will not buy Civ6 until i've read game reports here that show me the game is finished and worth purchasing.

And Civ5 is probably the first and last Steam game i purchased.

I will definitely not trust Firaxis or the test reviews again! I will not buy Civ6 until i've read game reports here that show me the game is finished and worth purchasing.

And Civ5 is probably the first and last Steam game i purchased.

So your trading one source of reviews, for another?
People hate change, my friend.

My suggestion is that you play the demo. I read the reviews, played the demo. Bought the game, and i'm happy with my decision.

2K will make a whole bunch off endless DLCs ;)

Hopefully....
I would love to see one every month. WHY? because eventually they will make enough so that a pack of DLC will be like $10.

I voted that I was less likely to buy Civ VI.

I can guarantee that I won't pre-order Civ VI.

I will look to this forum and want to see rave reviews before I buy Civ VI, and I'll want it to look a lot more like a Civilization game than whatever it is Civ V looks like.

I voted that I was less likely to buy Civ VI.

I can guarantee that I won't pre-order Civ VI.

I will look to this forum and want to see rave reviews before I buy Civ VI, and I'll want it to look a lot more like a Civilization game than whatever it is Civ V looks like.

CiV will become the the new CIV, when CVI come out. So don't expect rave reviews.

This is not flamebait, please don't do it.

So your trading one source of reviews, for another?
People hate change, my friend.

My suggestion is that you play the demo. I read the reviews, played the demo. Bought the game, and i'm happy with my decision.

In a way, yes. But the succession games for example give a pretty good idea of the game, far better than any review i've read.

I don't consider myself (or many others that are dissatisfied with Civ5) to hate change. I actually like many changes that have been made in general, but there are many issues in this game that need fixing. I'm puzzled how some of these issues made it past the beta testers, Civ5 is simply not finished in my opinion!

Unfortunately Civ is a game where a 100 turn demo is not nearly enough to form an opinion on the game.

Top Bottom