Will Firaxis have a beta test this year?

Modeltrainman

Warlord
Will Firaxis have a beta test this year? Have they?

For Civ V? I doubt it. Civ V is a long away.

I would not be surprised if firaxis asked for beta players this year... but very unlikely for Civ V. It is expectable that firaxis launch a game in Xmas time, though... maybe something in the line of CivCity.

I wasn't meaning CivV. I was meaning any PC game.

For Civ5, i think 2011 will be a good year to release it; 20 years after the first one.

And Civ4 is the first Firaxis game i've ever played.

I liked it. I like everything Firaxis has done so far.

It could have been a good game but it fell far short of it's potential. I more or less enjoyed playing it but it was one of those play once then forget about it games IMO. Not that it really was a Firaxis game, I doubt they had much to do with it.

And really, you liked Railroads? There's another one that fell far short of it's potential. Pirates too for that matter. As far as I'm concerned the only thing that Firaxis does well is Civilization.

And really, you liked Railroads? There's another one that fell far short of it's potential. Pirates too for that matter. As far as I'm concerned the only thing that Firaxis does well is Civilization.

It'd take a stroke of genius to recapture the quality of the original pirates game... *wistful look in eye*

It'd take a stroke of genius to recapture the quality of the original pirates game... *wistful look in eye*

There's so much that could have been done to make Pirates more interesting. It started out OK but it got so boring battling the same characters over and over again for those map pieces. And going through the same dance sequences all the time. If they would have added just a bit more variety they would have had a good game. I think they tried to stay a bit too close to the original.

Top Bottom