1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Greece civilization ability be the ability to play as two civs at the same time?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Denkt, Aug 18, 2016.

1. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Well, from what I've seen so far, I'm convinced that we just have multiple leaders for one civ. IF, however, we see a leader with a really good unique ability that is complex in design, I will give this one a though, but then you risk multiple leaders being disproved ;)

2. eMeM

eMeM Chieftain

Athenian Greece and Spartan Greece would be just as far apart as Athens and Sparta on an alphabetical list.
    Even Greece (Athens) and Greece (Sparta) doesn't work, because the Spartan leader is before the Athenian.

3. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

No, there won't be a civ where you actually play two separate civs. No way.

4. qwerty25

qwerty25 Prince

Ummm what?

Im pretty sure its multiple leaders per civilization. However you just choose one of them at the start of the game.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

5. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I think Occam's Razor says it's two leaders, one Greek civ, and Izzy will be showing up as a DLC leader for Spain in the near future.

6. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

I, for one, hate to lose the Multiple leaders debate. Though this is a pretty definitive nail.

The only only remaining counter-point and it isn't really all that strong; Why, of all of the civs being released in one way or another, is only one civ getting multiple leaders?

I'd rate the chance 95/5 in favor of multiple leaders but I'm still not 100% convinced until I actually see it explained.

But hey, +1 to the multiples camp.

7. qwerty25

qwerty25 Prince

I think theyre just paving the way for dlcs with multiple leaders. Or......

Theyve secretly have second leaders for all civilizations! :D

Okay probably not, but one wish

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

8. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

They may want to have both Sparta and Athens in to give two different playstyles but given that currently Greece is the one, the only civ that get multiple leaders out of 19 or atleast it seems like that, it could mean there is something deeper then just multiple leaders, that greece in fact have an ability or something that is based on multiple leaders.

They may want a Venice civ at the release of civilization VI. Venice was very unique for not being able to found settlers and Greece could be very unique in some way other then it just have two leader choices.

9. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

Entirely possible

10. Nightsong

Nightsong Warlord

I'll reserve judgement until Firaxis actually details how the Greek civilization will work. As it is, they can go two directions with it... either multiple leaders or they are split into Greece (Sparta) and Greece (Athens).

And the whole thing about Sparta being before Athens... Look at Spain, Isabella is before Philip. Very possible that when there multiple leaders on the board they put them in alphabetical order by the leaders name and not the civilization. Hence why Gorgo is before Pericles for the Greeks.

11. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 King

I'm doubtful because I cannot imagine any universe in which a two leader system would actually be fun and not confusing

12. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

So Spain will also have the ability to switch betwen Isabela and Phillip II?

I think the most likely option is that Greece will have multiple leaders (and we'll get more like Spain). So you play as Gorgo you get Sparta as capital along with the whatever uniques Gorgo has, the same for Pericles only you get Athens.

Same for Phillip II who could get Madrid, and Isabela getting Segovia.

It would also explain other off capitals tied to the leader, like Aachen tied to Barbarossa, maybe if we get Bismark he'll get Berlin.

edit: I just realized the incredibly long shot of Nezahualcoyotl getting Texcoco, perhaps it will be easier to mod if the system really is in.

13. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

What if they're going to be co-leaders? You open the diplo-screen and they're both there to greet you.

14. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Who is Gorgo anyway? Is that Leonidas's wife in the 300 movie? How is she a notable leader for Greece?

15. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

she was the actual ruler of Sparta (her father was the previous king and then she was Queen).

she was also the leader of Sparta, in real history not the fake movie garbage, when the Persians invaded.

16. MarcoFurio

MarcoFurio Chieftain

I bet that is only one civ: Greece, with it's unique ability (maybe linked to science) and unique infrasctructure. And two Different leaders with their own agenda, leader bonus and unique units.
    Pericles: will try to suzerain as much city states as possible, he will have a bonus getting envoys and +1 diplomatic policy slot and the trirreme UU
    Gorgo: agenda and bonus related to military, hoplite UU

*I didn't see it anywhere, thats just my guess.

17. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

well, if it's multiple leaders, then it would follow that it would read like previous civ information;

Shared 'greece' UA
    shared 'greece' UU
    individual 'leader unique'.

so more likely they'd both get the same UU, and/or like teddy, have an extra one in their leader slot.

18. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

But will Greece count twice as one of the 18 civs in the base game? I hope not.

19. rastak

rastak Emperor

Yea, I'm pretty shocked too. Two things I thought I was certain of. Aztecs did not count towards the 18 civs and 1 leader per Civ on release.

20. Lord of War N02

Lord of War N02 Lord of Southeast Asia

I think Leonidas would be better choice for representing Spartan's Greece instead Gorgo

Many civs will have at least one female leader? just wondering.

Athens will be capital when playing as Perciles and Sparta will be capital when playing as Gorgo?