Will hopefully be playing this soon. Wish me luck! :)

quasarsphere

Chieftain
Hallo :)

I've not posted here in a few years, but I recently got re-obsessed with Civ 4, and this mod in particular. I fell absolutely in love with it a few years back, but unfortunately my computer couldn't cope with it after the year 1866...which may well have been when that old pile of crap was built!

ROMAND is very much the Civ game I dreamed of ever since I discovered the original Civ back in 1992.

So today I'll be putting Windows on my computer (not the one referred to above) just so I can play this game again! I hope my current computer can cope with it.

One of my favourite things about this mod is, it allows for games to be BIG. The bigger the map, and the more other civs there are, the more I feel like I'm in charge of a country that's part of a world. ROMAND gave me that feeling by the bucketload - up until 1866 - which is one of the main reasons I love it so much.

If my computer can handle this game to the point where I can actually complete the game, I shall buy a microphone and do a Let's Play that MIGHT be watched by, I dunno, maybe three people?

Wish me luck, my darlings! :)

I've not posted here in a few years, but I recently got re-obsessed with Civ 4, and this mod in particular. I fell absolutely in love with it a few years back, but unfortunately my computer couldn't cope with it after the year 1866...which may well have been when that old pile of crap was built!

ROMAND is very much the Civ game I dreamed of ever since I discovered the original Civ back in 1992.

So today I'll be putting Windows on my computer (not the one referred to above) just so I can play this game again! I hope my current computer can cope with it.

One of my favourite things about this mod is, it allows for games to be BIG. The bigger the map, and the more other civs there are, the more I feel like I'm in charge of a country that's part of a world. ROMAND gave me that feeling by the bucketload - up until 1866 - which is one of the main reasons I love it so much.
If you even want more immersion consider including my add-ons:
AND Mega Pack adds 100+ civs to play with or against.
More Music adds 1-2 hours of additional music for each era.

And you can even try my modmod: Chronicles of Mankind, which is a continuation of RoM-AND in the same spirit with a great emphasis on immersion. My goal is to create an empire simulator mod.

Have fun! :)

I absolutely intend to check out Chronicles of Mankind! :)

Bit of an issue, though - I can't get my computer to boot up Windows from the USB stick. No idea what I'm doing wrong.

If you even want more immersion consider including my add-ons:
AND Mega Pack adds 100+ civs to play with or against.
More Music adds 1-2 hours of additional music for each era.

And you can even try my modmod: Chronicles of Mankind, which is a continuation of RoM-AND in the same spirit with a great emphasis on immersion. My goal is to create an empire simulator mod.

Have fun! :)
So, after all sorts of hassles getting Windows on my computer, I was finally able to get it all sorted today, and now I have Civ 4 and Chronicles of Mankind chugging along as they should.

LOVING Chronicles, but with one little bijou issue-ette. This would not be an issue for most players, but for me it is. See, whatever civ I'm playing as, I like to rename everything. For example, I've selected the Dutch for my first game, but as per my pointless tradition, I want the civ to be called the Crayonvanian (yes, I know) Nation, so I changed those settings at the start of the game, but it's still calling me Dutch.

It really is a beautiful mod, but I want to be Crayonvanian, not Dutch!

So, after all sorts of hassles getting Windows on my computer, I was finally able to get it all sorted today, and now I have Civ 4 and Chronicles of Mankind chugging along as they should.

LOVING Chronicles, but with one little bijou issue-ette. This would not be an issue for most players, but for me it is. See, whatever civ I'm playing as, I like to rename everything. For example, I've selected the Dutch for my first game, but as per my pointless tradition, I want the civ to be called the Crayonvanian (yes, I know) Nation, so I changed those settings at the start of the game, but it's still calling me Dutch.

It really is a beautiful mod, but I want to be Crayonvanian, not Dutch!
I think it is because of the Dynamic Civ Names modcomp.

Try to alter TXT_KEY_CIV_NETHERLANDS_ADJECTIVE

Basically you can rewrite TXT_KEY_CIV_NETHERLANDS_ADJECTIVE to Crayonvanian, and in all your games the Dutch will be called that. Just don't forget to restore it to it's original when you want to start a new game.

Top Bottom