EDre

Chieftain
Here are the specs.

Computer: HP 2000 Laptop

Operating System: Windows 10

Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

RAM: 4 GB

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series

Im nervous it wont work. Even if it is very slow I can care less, as long as it works. It would mean a lot to me if it woks.

Can you please put this in English I don't know anything about computers.

Strategic mode is the 2D mode that is available in the game. It's less demanding than running the game normally using the 3D graphics. Unfortunately your systems specs barely even meet the minimum system requirements so you'll be probably only be able to run the game either in strategic mode or on the lowest settings, and even then on lowest settings the fps could still be low.

Strategic mode is the 2D mode that is available in the game. It's less demanding than running the game normally using the 3D graphics. Unfortunately your systems specs barely even meet the minimum system requirements so you'll be probably only be able to run the game either in strategic mode or on the lowest settings, and even then on lowest settings the fps could still be low.

I could tell you right now I am not playing anything in Strategic Mode. But if I put all specs at the absolute bottom would it at least work. My main question is will the game at least work in strategic mode. I dont care about low fps

ouch, settings might depend on how big maps are and how much is going on, later game might get kinda laggy, 2 ghz is well below the minimum, 4 gb ram is the min, im assuming its not like ddr4 or something either.

if you dont care about low fps, talking 18fps here, and you could easily see lower then that with onboard graphics... and low graphical settings then it prob will run, but i dont know for sure..

do yourself a favor next time you shop for a pc, and make sure its got what you 'want' need to run these sort of games, 12gb ram, 4gb graphics card minimum bettter to go with 8 to future proof, an i5-i7 quad core with 3ghz etc.

OP, I seriously recommend that you get a new gaming computer. Those that meet recommended specs shouldn't cost more than $1000 (especially one that is custom-built). Oh, and get one above the recommended specs, especially given that late game can get laggy even on top-of-the-line gaming computers and can even have frequent crashes.

Being forced to play on strategic mode means missing out on much of what the game offers. Even my high-end 2013 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display with 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 and 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 would not be able to play Civ VI (Mac version) outside of strategic mode, especially with Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB.

This isn't a Windows vs. Mac issue.

Last edited:
ouch, settings might depend on how big maps are and how much is going on, later game might get kinda laggy, 2 ghz is well below the minimum, 4 gb ram is the min, im assuming its not like ddr4 or something either.

if you dont care about low fps, talking 18fps here, and you could easily see lower then that with onboard graphics... and low graphical settings then it prob will run, but i dont know for sure..

do yourself a favor next time you shop for a pc, and make sure its got what you 'want' need to run these sort of games, 12gb ram, 4gb graphics card minimum bettter to go with 8 to future proof, an i5-i7 quad core with 3ghz etc.

I have less than $100 dollars, PC shopping is not an option.

These kind of threads should really be combined into the specs sticky, and I'm pretty sure canyourunit.com now has a Civ 6 option as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom