Will Obama be a one term Democrat President like Carter was ?

To be fair, Perry hasn't even officially joined yet. Just wait until he sets both feet in the ring.

The poll says the exact opposite of what you said. So will you admit you were wrong about Rick Perry now or after the same poll re-iterates itself when he does join?

The poll says the exact opposite of what you said. So will you admit you were wrong about Rick Perry now or after the same poll re-iterates itself when he does join?
No, it doesn't. All it says is that 17% of people support someone who hasn't entered. When he joins, the migration will begin.

No, it doesn't. All it says is that 17% of people support someone who hasn't entered. When he joins, the migration will begin.

If you read the poll, (HERE IS THE LINK) Perry increases to 18% if he is to enter the race. Romney stays at 23%. Therefore, according to statistical polling data (which represents actual GOP preferences), Romney is still the front-runner if Perry was to enter the race. Now please, do tell, where are your sources in a potential GOP race where Rick Perry magically takes away all of Mitt Romney's supporters away?

If you read the poll, (HERE IS THE LINK) Perry increases to 18% if he is to enter the race. Romney stays at 23%. Therefore, according to statistical polling data (which represents actual GOP preferences), Romney is still the front-runner if Perry was to enter the race. Now please, do tell, where are your sources in a potential GOP race where Rick Perry magically takes away all of Mitt Romney's supporters away?

These statistics are highly theoretical, though, and may not represent the true shift when he enters the race.

Yeah, Perry's circle of support comes from a totally different group than Romney. Palin, Baccman and Perry are all fighting for the same supporters. Romney has people that wont vote for those three.

Yeah, Perry's circle of support comes from a totally different group than Romney. Palin, Baccman and Perry are all fighting for the same supporters. Romney has people that wont vote for those three.

And Pawlenty has people that won't vote for any of the others. Something like twelve voters, according to the most recent poll. :mischief:

Just wondering, but how do the more Libertarian candidates (Paul and Johnson) fit into this?

Sadly, I think Romney has this one probably locked up. In which case I really won't care much about the 2012 election...

Just wondering, but how do the more Libertarian candidates (Paul and Johnson) fit into this?

Sadly, I think Romney has this one probably locked up. In which case I really won't care much about the 2012 election...

Gary Johnson doesn't show up on the radar, as Ron Paul overshadows him as the leading libertarian candidate. Ron Paul has two voting blocs sewn up - the socially liberal Republicans, and the internet contingent of the looney fringe (Bachmann has the luddite contingent, but could easily lose it to Palin).

The libertarian/Old Rightists, Igloo, fall into which of those two groups? :p

One, the other, or both; I can't say for sure till I've interviewed each of them. :think:

These statistics are highly theoretical, though, and may not represent the true shift when he enters the race.
Exactly.

I disagree. Romney's base is just itching for someone else to join. Someone who isn't easily portrayed as being a looney. That's Perry.

(Bachmann has the luddite contingent, but could easily lose it to Palin).
Palin is done. She never even began, really. The only reason she ever got attention in the first place was because she had run as VP. But now that that's over, she's even smaller the Ron Paul. Anything that Palin had is now in Bachman's camp.

Ah, but the demonizing of Perry has already begun.

The media often pretends to like Repub candidates because these candidates are better than other options to them, UNTIL they go into the general election... see McCain, they applauded him when they wanted him to beat Bush, but as soon as he ran against Obama... See you later!

So, if they are already demonizing Perry, what does that tell you? They really dislike him.

Ah, but the demonizing of Perry has already begun.
Not really. The media rarely mentions him at all.

The media often pretends to like Repub candidates because these candidates are better than other options to them, UNTIL they go into the general election... see McCain, they applauded him when they wanted him to beat Bush, but as soon as he ran against Obama... See you later!
I kind of see your point, but I must also point out that the media was first high on Giuliani last time around. He flopped. They then picked Romney. He didn't make it. Then they just didn't bother to pick McCain. Anyway, they hated him anyway. See the scandal about McCain having an illegitimate child who was actually adopted.

So, if they are already demonizing Perry, what does that tell you? They really dislike him.
I don't really see the demonizing. They seem to be ignoring him.

And Pawlenty has people that won't vote for any of the others. Something like twelve voters, according to the most recent poll. :mischief:
:lol: Well played sirah.

They don't. Ron Paul has a constant 7-11% of GOP primary voters in close to every state, and that number doesn't really transfer well to other candidates. These guys can just as easily break for a Libertarian, or not vote at all, come election time.

I'm actually surprised that Paul has 14%. If the republicans want any chance of winning, they'll pick Romney. He's the only one out of the group that I will actually go vote for, except Paul. I'd vote for Paul, just for kicks though.

Top Bottom