Will Smith acts like a crazy person and slaps the Oscars presenter

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kyriakos, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

And if she was depressed about it, angry, embarrassed, you'd be empathetic as well? Not all pain is physical.

2. Narz

Narz keeping it real

I try to be empathic no matter to my loved ones even if I can't really understand their concerns @ all.

My issue w/ the whole Will Smith debacle is that rash action isn't empathy. Often it's a substitute for it ("Of course I care how you feel, look I did something about it").

3. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

haroon, Lexicus and The_J like this.
  4. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Creator

upload_2022-5-10_20-54-3.png
    :rotfl:

Tried to get him to stop by punching him several times. Well, at least he didn't kill him during that attempt.

I suppose the main reason for there being no trial is that the victim (beaten up by Tyson) isn't pressing charges.

5. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam If A implies B...

i didn't watch the video with tyson. though again, how much leeway should be given chin music depends on what, exactly, "kept talking" implies.

6. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

IIRC the guy kept touching Tyson's head. I think getting punched repeatedly was well-deserved and I think not charging Tyson with anything was the right move.

Narz and The_J like this.
  7. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Creator

I don't agree. It's more damage than was needed. No one would claim the joker taunting Tyson was doing something intelligent or decent or welcome in any way, but if you are so much stronger you should just threaten to use force or hit once or whatever, not pummel the other person.
    Not that I can care; Tyson has real anger-management issues and has threatened to shut people up with his fists for far less than in this case (including multiple times on live tv, so he doesn't care).

Fippy likes this.
  8. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Ofc you are not..any normal reaction will always be that beating up someone isn't right. Unless we suddenly live in a different world, which might just be a possibility as well these days.

Kyriakos likes this.
  9. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Creator

Well, yes. I really detest violence. Naturally even more so when (imo) it is not called for.

10. Narz

Narz keeping it real

I detest violence too but I also hate people acting the fool in public, harassing a person and violating their space.

If it was a pretty girl he was yelling @ and touching he probably would've gotten beaten up alot sooner by multiple parties lol

haroon likes this.
  11. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant Supporter

Some more follow-up on this.

The guy who tackled Chappelle has been charged with attempted murder against a person he was living with.

Suspect in Dave Chappelle attack charged with attempted murder in separate incident (msn.com)

Kyriakos and Birdjaguar like this.