Will Smith acts like a crazy person and slaps the Oscars presenter

If she lost her hair I'd be sad & of course I'd be supportive.

I'd also be glad her condition wasn't worse. Everyone cares of their appearance but I'd be happy she didn't have something that caused chronic pain.
And if she was depressed about it, angry, embarrassed, you'd be empathetic as well? Not all pain is physical.

I try to be empathic no matter to my loved ones even if I can't really understand their concerns @ all.

My issue w/ the whole Will Smith debacle is that rash action isn't empathy. Often it's a substitute for it ("Of course I care how you feel, look I did something about it").

Mike Tyson Won't Face Charges For Punching Man Who Annoyed Him On Jet Blue Flight
Officials said the decision was made not to charge Tyson with misdemeanor battery after reviewing video and police reports from the April 20 incident.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mike...ching-420-incident_n_627a8ad1e4b03ca8364787df

upload_2022-5-10_20-54-3.png

:rotfl:

Tried to get him to stop by punching him several times. Well, at least he didn't kill him during that attempt.

I suppose the main reason for there being no trial is that the victim (beaten up by Tyson) isn't pressing charges.

i didn't watch the video with tyson. though again, how much leeway should be given chin music depends on what, exactly, "kept talking" implies.

i didn't watch the video with tyson. though again, how much leeway should be given chin music depends on what, exactly, "kept talking" implies.

IIRC the guy kept touching Tyson's head. I think getting punched repeatedly was well-deserved and I think not charging Tyson with anything was the right move.

IIRC the guy kept touching Tyson's head. I think getting punched repeatedly was well-deserved and I think not charging Tyson with anything was the right move.

I don't agree. It's more damage than was needed. No one would claim the joker taunting Tyson was doing something intelligent or decent or welcome in any way, but if you are so much stronger you should just threaten to use force or hit once or whatever, not pummel the other person.
Not that I can care; Tyson has real anger-management issues and has threatened to shut people up with his fists for far less than in this case (including multiple times on live tv, so he doesn't care).

Well, yes. I really detest violence. Naturally even more so when (imo) it is not called for.
I detest violence too but I also hate people acting the fool in public, harassing a person and violating their space.

If it was a pretty girl he was yelling @ and touching he probably would've gotten beaten up alot sooner by multiple parties lol

View attachment 626848

Which itself is overkill, of course...

Some more follow-up on this.

The guy who tackled Chappelle has been charged with attempted murder against a person he was living with.

Suspect in Dave Chappelle attack charged with attempted murder in separate incident (msn.com)
The suspect who allegedly rushed and tackled comedian Dave Chappelle on stage last month has been charged with attempted murder in a separate incident after the victim identified the man from media coverage surrounding the Chappelle case, prosecutors said.

Top Bottom