Will the DLC be included?

Sephlock

Warlord
I mean, Babylon, and the Temple of Artemis?

I was thinking about buying the wonders pack, but not if it would

A: Cause problems with connecting with my buddy for some multiplayer- I don't see why it would, but with Civ multiplayer you never know..

or

B: End up being a waste of money since I'd get that stuff with the Xpac anyway.

The only DLC included with G&K is Spain (and even here just Spain, not the Inca or the scenario from the Spain/Inca DLC). Currently for MP, both people need to own a specific DLC in order for it to be used in MP games, otherwise it's disabled as an option. So if only you own it, it won't cause problems connecting to a MP game but you also won't be able to use it in MP if he doesn't also own it. No one knows if this will change in G&K

The only DLC content that has been confirmed included is Spain.

More specifically, all DLC civs except Spain have been confirmed to be excluded. I can't speak for the Wonders but their lack of mention leads me to believe they are not included either.

He also told us that Mercantile City-States give you gold.

I mean, Babylon, and the Temple of Artemis?

I was thinking about buying the wonders pack, but not if it would

A: Cause problems with connecting with my buddy for some multiplayer- I don't see why it would, but with Civ multiplayer you never know..

or

B: End up being a waste of money since I'd get that stuff with the Xpac anyway.

Babylon isn't in the Wonders pack - the civ with the Babylonian icon is Sumer. As for the questions:

A. I have all the DLC and play multiplayer with players who don't have any. There are no connectivity issues - DLC content is just excluded from games where all players don't have the relevant content.

B. I wouldn't be wholly surprised if the three Wonders, and potentially the scenario, are added in the patch due to be released at the same time as the expansion, much as natural wonders from the New World scenario were added in the first patch after that release. It wouldn't be the first time a DLC has been given away free after an initial pay-to-buy release (Mongolia). In any event, it seems likely that as with most Steam games with expansions, a package containing the expansion + all non-included DLC will be released for sale, so it's probably worth waiting in any event. The Spain/Inca DLC already needs to be repackaged (as Inca + scenario).

Well, you'd still probably have the option to buy the old Spain+Inca

I wonder, with the new option of turning DLC off and on at will, if the new civs will be handled like seperate DLC each?

So, for instance, that you can turn Ethiopia on and Austria off for instance.

Same thing that happens if you don't want Gods & Kings but want the Ethiopians...

I can see what you're saying but I don't feel it's the same thing. The Spain/Inca pack is available for Vanilla Civ V players to use and have both civs in the mix for the "epic" game. The Ethiopians however, is one of many civs available in G+K, but not exclusively.

I don't think they'll remove Spain+Inca because they're both needed for the scenario.

Yea don't get what you mean. Anyone can get Mongolia. And it never costed anything.

Since the DLC (aside from Spain of course) seems not to be included, I really do hope the multiplayer issue preventing DLC civ use if not all players have that particular DLC is fixed.

In fact, that is why I was actually in favour of including all existing DLC with Gods and Kings despite the fact that I already paid for it. Everybody would be brought up to date and we could all use Polynesia, Korea, Inca, Babylon, etc. in our MP games.

And have a question.

I assume there has been DLC for CiV throughout the year. Will this Expansion include all of it? Or would I still need to buy it seperatly? Also has the game improved thru patches? Haven't played in forever, game turned me off with how bad it was at beginning.

Moderator Action: Merged into a similar thread.

Top Bottom