1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Will this cause a rep hit?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Delphi456, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Delphi456

Delphi456 Chieftain

Suppose there is a civ that has a tech I want. I declare war and destroy all cities except one, which I reduce to one defender. I offer peace for their tech, then I declare war again and wipe out the last city. Since this civ won't be around during the IBT I'm thinking there is no one to tell of my misdeed. Is this correct?

2. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

no, if you break a peace treaty, you get a rep hit.

after restoring peace after war, its 20 turns of peace. if you break it everyone gets mad.

3. ChaosArbiter

ChaosArbiter Chieftain

AFAIK, you'll get the rep hit if they have contacted anyone. It doesn't matter if there's no IBT. If they haven't met anyone, you should be safe.

4. Ceoladir

Ceoladir Come Fly With Me

Yes, that will get you a rep hit. Any deal you break that has time left will cause a rep hit.

5. bigFRANK

bigFRANK Chieftain

Rep hit, for 20 turns after a peace deal in which either side makes any gain.

6. Takhisis

Takhisis ΑΛΗΘΩС ΑΝΕСΤΗ

Actually the rep hits are FUBAR, since being invaded by some complete stranger who comes in with a Galley and drops off a couple Spearmen is enough to make the AI say that you broke your RoP treaty with this hitherto unknown attacker.