Will this satisfy modders?

Endwar 005

The lolrus
Despite the fact i've never modded a single unit in my life, i thought this kinda thread needed to be here.

Do you think civRev will be easier/better to mod? Or just a total flunk?
Or moddable at all?

Very hard, if impossible... console games generally don't bother with modification.

However - i am sure they WILL make it possible, but you don't have access to all the programs a computer does, so im not sure how far we will able to mod.

I doubt it, but consoles don't really have modding communities anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see a map/scenario builder, but I doubt we'll see anything comparing to what you'd get on a PC.

Wow....depressing results, though i can't argue with them...
Bummer, they'll leave so much out, and we won't be able to add it for them.

You'll get your chance when Civ V hits the PC. Console games to my knowledge have never really cared about satisfying modders as modding is something that the online (read PC) community is involved with.

Doesnt the Xbox360 have this "content" thingy where you can buy extras/mods for a game really cheap?

Yes, it does. Most notably you can acquire custom maps and such. I'm not saying that it doesn't exist on consoles, just that it's been added as an afterthought and not nearly as extensive as PC games.

is it developing, or are the controls on it still tight?

Very likly. I imagine appart from official downloads, there will be little modding possible.

Top Bottom