Will u break a military alliance if...

Bagatur

Warlord
..if u end up with 3 technologies, whole world map and around 600 cache, thus making u equal in tech race to all tech leader civs?

I have military alliance with Dutch and Celts against Scandinavia and they will last 9 turns more. I have Banking, Scandinavia have Navigation and Metallurgy. If I make peace with Scandinavia, getting Navigation for Banking + maps etc, I'm able to trade them later for Metalurgy and Music Theory, money some luxuries and almost whole world map, making my path to Economy clear(started prebuild for Smith's).This makes Brennus and William angry, but I supply them with some sweat things like saltpetter and horses,so its not likely to declare war to me. Anyway they are on separate island so I'm not afraid being attacked. I'll get only reputation hit,hich having AIs breaking any kind of deals all the time, makes me eager to cheat them like this. What u will do in such situation?

I generally never break negotiated deals, but this time its too tempting, giving me chance for early win. Playing Demigod, archipelago, huge, being Zulu. I can supply if needed.

Thanks in advance

How close are you to an early win?

Still far, but this could save me 30-40 turns, tho...

If you still are within 20 turns of the deal, then yes, it would be breaking an alliance. But, if you're really close to winnig (i.e., domination, conquest), then it probably doesn't matter.

Making a term deal with the working end of an AK-47 rather than a winning personality is a nuisance but can be done. If you remain the bigger, badder dog it shouldn't slow down your march to victory any.

As a Russian business partner of mine once said: "We don't need salesmen, we have Kalishnikov!"

I replayed it in both ways. Well, it was better for me when I broke alliance and did good deals with Ragnar, but anyway other variant isnt that bad, except all the AIs advanced more, but not so much at all. Tech leader is only one tech ahead of me, so its not a problem. Tnx, seems there is always a fair way. I had far more desperate games and I won them. I'll win this one too, there is no doubt, the Q is how soon:)

Just for first time I had such tempting opportunity to cheat the AIs. But these suckers never forget....

Top Bottom