Will we actually getting new Content Patches or Dlcs?

PAX East tomorrow. Firaxis apparently has a brand new AAA game. But even if BNW is the last expansion, I'm still hoping for a patch.

Personally I feel like the game is pretty complete. A patch would be great, but I can hardly imagine adding too much more to the game.

For me, this game is so good as it is that I'm not even thinking about DLC or even Civ 6 for that matter. It's hard to comprehend the game getting better than it already is.

Personally I feel like the game is pretty complete. A patch would be great, but I can hardly imagine adding too much more to the game.

For me, this game is so good as it is that I'm not even thinking about DLC or even Civ 6 for that matter. It's hard to comprehend the game getting better than it already is.

:lol: You have clearly avoided the multiplayer section

I think the only issues I can think of is the lack of multiplayer optimization, lack of mod support in hotseat and multiplayer games in general and the severity of the Warmonger penalty, I mean, on Warlord I'm afraid to attack a frigging city state because of how hated you become straight away, and there isv ery FEW opportunities to reduce it.

We're owed a patch, but we won't get it. Civ V development is probably at its end, certainly if Civ VI is about to be announced.

:lol: You have clearly avoided the multiplayer section

I think the only issues I can think of is the lack of multiplayer optimization, lack of mod support in hotseat and multiplayer games in general and the severity of the Warmonger penalty, I mean, on Warlord I'm afraid to attack a frigging city state because of how hated you become straight away, and there isv ery FEW opportunities to reduce it.

Yeah...this war-monger penalty really needs some work. The basic idea is fine, but it needs to be nuanced.

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseum, but anyway... In my current game...really peaceful....and I mean REALLY PEACEFUL...no wars for me at all until, just before I got Artillery, Napoleon, "friendly" from the "get-go", suddenly declared war....

Now it wasn't as though I wasn't prepared...I expected it sooner or later, but I didn't really have much incentive to attack him...I was well ahead in techs and even fairly high in military...but he attacked....and, well, to make a "long story, short"....Napoleon was slaughtered, I took Paris which had some pretty nice wonders; razed most of his other major cities; took Copenhagen...he had annihilated Harald.. and I held on to it....a good city, though not great, and now I'm tagged as a warmonger.....

Getting the warmonger tag for taking cities from the aggressor should probably be relaxed a little....maybe no penalty unless you start the war...or maybe a much shorter "penalty period".... Prior to Napoleon's aggression, I had continual RAs....included several back-to-back RAs with Napoleon himself...

I could imagine at least half a dozen of additional mechanisms as big as works of art. All the same, I really doubt anything is coming.

We really need a balancing patch that would make wars possible without making the whole world go nanners, and we also need a possibility to start the game with something other than tradition. We didn't get get the patch so thinking that we'll be getting additional content would be naive.

I think there's enough content and mechanics in the game now. With the guilds and trade routes, there's a lot more to build to gain culture and gold. Maybe they could do another one or two DLC Civiliations, but otherwise I think the game is complete now.

A patch would definitely be appreciated though.

A patch is absolutely neccessary. Early game wars need to be less punishing, culture building should give more culture, Piety needs to be made a viable/logical option for any difficulty.

I don't think that Culture buildings should give more culture beacuse they were nerfed in the first place to +1 Culture except the Monuments. if Policies are the issue then maybe lower down Policy theresholds.

Your meant to earn culture through the Great Works instead of the actual buildings.

Top Bottom