Will you buy Vista ?

Will you buy Vista ?

• Total voters
Well, you proved me wrong. I downloaded Freespire (A free variant of Linspire) and installed it into a virtual machine through virtualization. Except for a instalation time out at the end (when it got to 2%), Freespire worked with no problems (I would assume that the lag was due to being installed in a virtual enviornment). Right now I am having fun playing with Linux (Freespire) in a virtual enviornment. I found that the Freespire/Linspire line is a better match for me because it almost looks like a Windows XP clone.

I do like to apologize for my rants against Linux, mainly on the part that I have not bothered to try it and find the right distribution to try and look into. I just feel sooo bad bashing the Linux fans :sad:.

Wow, how can anyone change his mind so fast? :crazyeye: :eek:

CG is the master of that. He even changes his mind about his true faith every so often.

Hmmm, seems Vista won't be very popular amongst the CFC crowd. Though actual figures could be higher than a mere 21-22% within a year.

Anyway, this was a good opportunity to talk about Linux a bit. ;)

I disliked Linux before, I was not that vocal until that point.

CG is the master of that. He even changes his mind about his true faith every so often.
Umm, incorrect Mr Know-it-all. I dont change my mind about my true faith. So quit it with the "CG is the master of changing opinions constantly".

I'm curious and I'd like to know what made you switch from Linux to Mac (not yet, but soon). It's like giving up control for easy comfort... I don't know the Mac OS X very well, so I'm interested to know.
OS X is based on a UNIX architecture, so the leap shouldn't be so big. But I'll be dual-booting linux/OS X anyway, and which one I use more will depend on which will work better for my needs. OS X has the appeal of having plenty of good audio software, plus the actual macbook hardware and design is best in its class.

I'm told that the next version of Ubuntu works really well with macbooks, though, so my decision may be already made. So its really not giving up linux for mac, but rather going for the system that I can do the most with.

Top Bottom