1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Willem the Oranje Clown

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by axident, Jul 30, 2007.

1. axident

axident Emperor

Cool much better; I'm not sure why they didn't use this to begin with!

2. HiroHito

HiroHito Prince

Just watch it he doesnt bring his circus in your town :p

Funniest thread name in a while :lol:

3. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

This music is so funny... I love it!

The dutch uu should've been the Acrobat! :p

4. HiroHito

HiroHito Prince

nah the red light district dancer hehe

5. fugazi

fugazi King

Thanks a ton. The original music isn't that bad until you hit the modern years, then it just becomes downright silly. No . .. .. .. .ing clue how that got past the beta testers and the actual developers of the game. Got to love our national anthem :) one of the if not the most beautiful anthem there is. I think the composer they hired was just too lazy to make a civ adaption of it because it's too hard to make a catchy tune with it like they did with the French anthem :p

Oh and having thousands of Dutchies singing this together just gives me goosebumps - Dutch national anthem at the world championships

6. frob2900

frob2900 Deity

I'm not dutch, but I also really love the tune of the Dutch national anthem. Really great :goodjob:

7. fugazi

fugazi King

One of the best if you ask me. I like the French one too but just like the Italian one, the lyrics ain't really all that haha. War, war and war.

8. Willowmound

Willowmound Wordbug

Excuse? What? Man, you need to do some reading-upping on the history and geography of Europe, I think!

9. SantaX

SantaX Chieftain

Ais, I tend to disagree with my fellow Dutchman. Streetorgans can be seen in places like A'dam, Volendam, maybe even one in Rotterdam, but for the most part of the country they are not that common. In 8 out of 12 provinces I don't think you can see any. In the provinces Limburg, Brabant, Overijsel, Groningen, Friesland I am sure there are none active on the streets. And even in places like Amsterdam.... if there are 3 out there... active, not in a musea, I think you've found them all. The onces that are still in use are there for the tourists.

10. SantaX

SantaX Chieftain

Ouch, only now I see this is a 2 week old topic... Sorry.

11. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue Xenite

Well, now that the damage has been done..;)
    I'm from Gorinchem (relatively small town in zuid-holland).
    On most saturdays and during festivities we have the streetorgan playing.
    Always has been there, I don't know any different.
    So based on this experience I imagined it's still a common thing.

12. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

I love his music... All three versions. :D

13. NHJ BV

NHJ BV El Presidente

'scuse me? In Groningen there's at least one on the streets regularly. I think the municipality pays for it, to liven up the city center a bit for tourists and the shopping public.

14. axident

axident Emperor

In a bit of irony I'm playing my first Emperor game on BtS now that I am comfy with the new additions... and as Willem! Persia bit the dust, though I was interrupted by Statue of Zeus early on, then an AP "stop the war between our brothers of the faith" vote later. Ethiopia died. Germany is next. Then...

Spain. History repeats itself. ;)

Dikes rule.

That is all.

15. Comrade Aart

Comrade Aart Civ1 diplomat

I live in the south and I can assure you that you have to plan where to walk if you don't want to hear street organs. ;)
    I've never heard them in Amsterdam though, but I believe you on your word. I always thought that street organs were more of the south (Utrecht and Gelderland included) and accordions were more western (Holland, Zeeland), but that could be a horrible stereotype. :lol:

16. dutchking

dutchking Deity

This thread is so disrespectful...:nono:
    Are you ignorant enough not to notice that Roosevelt's music is the Marine Core Hymm? It's saying how good and kick ass we are...
    "From the Halls of Montezu-u-ma. To the coasts of Tripo-li. We will fight our country's ba-a-ttles on the land and on the sea!" And so on and so forth.
    Show some respect. As for Willem, I like the music, It's not "carnival" music. It's an ethnic waltz-ish sort of thing. Please, don't deface history's greatest leaders...:lol:

17. Ariminio

Ariminio Chieftain

LOL the late version IS carnival music, I just listened to all three. first two normal then the laughing starts. :D

I like the portugese music best, even put it into my classical music folder!

18. A1CBOZ

A1CBOZ Prince

Marines... kick-ass? maybe, some yes... good? ehhh.... no comment...;)