William Pitt, a worthy candidate to lead England in Civ7?

Is William Pitt a worthy candidate of to lead England in Civ7? And which one?

• A. William Pitt the Elder

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • B. William Pitt the Younger

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • C. Nah!

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
I don't know who was William Pitt, but. About the discussion who deserves to be leader in civilization, I would also prefer someone who was de facto ruler of the nation. I mean, I don't like leaders as Gandhi who never took real power.

I don't know who was William Pitt, but. About the discussion who deserves to be leader in civilization, I would also prefer someone who was de facto ruler of the nation. I mean, I don't like leaders as Gandhi who never took real power.
William Pitt the Younger was the British PM, and thus was the de facto leader. I'm pretty sure William Pitt the Elder, though very influencial, was never PM, or a true eminence grease to a PM.

And I retain my stace that your preference goes against the very identity of Civilization.
Of course, my viewpoint would include Catherine de Medici, as de facto leader, serving as Regent and running the machinery of Frances political power, but not Joan of Arc (who would make a better Great General anyways). As I said, I have evolved my views beyond holders of, "official letterhead offices," that, "legally," hold power to de facto wielders of power, and am not necessarily beholden to, "nation-states," but, despite me not claiming things to this level of, "formality," in leadership, who firmly respond to me as though I said I had.

If you can name me a prime minister that was more influential, or more well-known than the king or queen they served, I think they would have a shot. The only one that really stands out to me is Churchill, and maybe Sir Robert Walpole, but I'm not dying to see either. And I don't mean Churchill under Elizabeth II. :p

If you can name me a prime minister that was more influential, or more well-known than the king or queen they served, I think they would have a shot. The only one that really stands out to me is Churchill, but I'm not dying to see him either. And I don't mean him under Elizabeth II. :p
Other good name of a prime minister is Margaret Thatcher. She fought the Malvinas wars and give back Hong Kong to China. She is also influential and have all attributes to be a civ leader.

Of course, my viewpoint would include Catherine de Medici, as de facto leader, serving as Regent and running the machinery of Frances political power, but not Joan of Arc (who would make a better Great General anyways). As I said, I have evolved my views beyond holders of, "official letterhead offices," that, "legally," hold power to de facto wielders of power, and am not necessarily beholden to, "nation-states," but, despite me not claiming things to this level of, "formality," in leadership, who firmly respond to me as though I said I had.
And despite what I said about the leader should be de facto ruler of a nation, I would make an exception to Joanna D'arc. I would like to see she in the game, I would like more she then Catherine de Medici.

Other good name of a prime minister is Margaret Thatcher. She fought the Malvinas wars and give back Hong Kong to China. She is also influential and have all attributes to be a civ leader.
She's far too recent as a potential option.

If you can name me a prime minister that was more influential, or more well-known than the king or queen they served,
Well, that's not quite what I'm aiming for, myself. But I would also say, on that question, that David Lloyd George also overshadowed George V (especially given the dubious aspect in WWI that the latter was close relatives and courtly friends and acquaintaces with many in high Government and Military Command in the Central Powers).

Top Bottom