1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Willie Escobar - the Drug Lord of Amsterdam! Deity OCC Photojournal!

Discussion in 'Playthroughs and Photojournals' started by Owlbebach, Aug 12, 2018.

?

What Venice game is more interesting?

1. Tradition>>Tourism

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Authority>>Diplo/Science

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

And so i lost the game. On turn 340-something Korea won via Space Ship. Will do photos tomorrow. This is actually a cool result cause he was below average for 50% of the game

However i think i've set a world record for Tourism from 1 city - 4141:tourism: per turn

I think i could have won this game if i was a bit more lucky, The whole lategame was absolutely against me:
    1) I had too war with China (no trade routes)
    2) Travel Ban
    3) China picked Order
    4) On top of that China was sanctioned in the end

If i picked Order this game and didn't fight China 2 times - i think i would have won the game.

Some other interesting things:
    • I screwed up Hermitage because i digged to much artifacts. Not gamechanging, but still. Every small thing adds up.
    • I should have gone for Christo right after Louvre.
    • I should have used more coups with Freedom policy. So that i potentially had more chances of stopping santiona on China and Travel ban
    • Science is freakin important for Tourism nowdays
    • I should have had more Trade Routes with Korea to get more science
    • AI in the late game is crazy strong. I think it might be toned down... Though more tests needed.
    And finally Growth handicap is not required. Now i am confident in this. Despite i had only 1 game - i thin it was enough to show that AI didn't loose its power like at all. It just does not have 60 pop in their cities.

vyyt and Legen like this.
  2. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Final part: https://imgur.com/gallery/ahtjWjl

Not too manu things to add. Just final screens so that it is not left unfinished.

I think i'll take a break until new version with couple hotfixes comes. Forum is flooded with photojournals these days.

With new version as promised i'll do Venice Diplo game! It might seem that Venice can't play Diplo cause it shall eat City-States, but this is not true! It ccertainly can play Diplo and be quite powerful in it!

Legen and LukaSlovenia29 like this.
  3. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

You make an interesting point about paratroopers. To me that is a key point to look at when it comes to supply.

Before that, you can focus on controlling your borders, and just require the troops to do so. However, once paratroopers come into play you have to be able to maintain units in the interior which requires an influx of troops.

So I think its important in our games to record supply numbers around that time, so we know if the math is meeting a proper number.

4. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

I don't think it will be such a big proglem in normal game. At least several of your cities will not be borderline, thus you will have an excess from supply from them. Also loosing couple of ytiles wwhen you have 8 cities is not as important as loosing couple of tiles whn you have 1 city.

5. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

This is what I can't make work in OCC. You can fight for most of the game, even taking cities sometimes. 10 units is enough to completely fill a front with land units. But once paratroopers and aircraft come into play, you are screwed. You cannot just hold a choke point anymore, you have to defend a wide area. I don't see how you can win fast enough to not have to deal with this.