Win on a Terra map

Light-Giver

Warlord
Did anyone else notice if you save your great artists for the colony on the new world you can gobble up most of that continent before everyone else shows up, especaly if you beeline for galleons.

Just do a culture bomb pop 3-4 times and you get the bulk of the land, to get them just have 1 city have the max amount of artists specalists

Did anyone else notice if you save your great artists for the colony on the new world you can gobble up most of that continent before everyone else shows up, especaly if you beeline for galleons.

Just do a culture bomb pop 3-4 times and you get the bulk of the land, to get them just have 1 city have the max amount of artists specalists

You can generally do it anyway if your first there and are producing a decent enough level of culture (even just 10% on the slider if your quick enough). Generating 3-4 Great Artists to do this is an utter waste IMHO.

You can generally do it anyway if your first there and are producing a decent enough level of culture (even just 10% on the slider if your quick enough). Generating 3-4 Great Artists to do this is an utter waste IMHO.

I doubt that you could settle 3 or 4 cities in the New World and build them up to 500 culture (3rd border pop on Normal speed) before someone else grabs a good bit of land. Unless Portugal, of course. The culture slider won't help much in these new cities unless they have high commerce resources (gold, gems, dyes etc.) and even then 10% is practically useless. Culture bombs on the other hand give you that huge chunk of land instantly (remember no one else can settle in your territory) and go further towards ensuring that the few cities that the AI does get will be useless and more prone to flipping. Controlling the New World provides such a game-breaking advantage that it's certainly not a waste of a few great people IMHO.

A couple of questions for the OP:

How many GAs can you realistically get by Astro? (with Philo, since that's presumably the trait you'd choose for this strategy).

Is it worth trying for the Music GA? I suspect it's a bit too much of a diversion and would delay Astro too much, but I'm not sure exactly.

Do you slow-tech Astro or try to get a GS to bulb it, keeping in mind that this leaves you with one less GA to take to the New World?

Thanks for the idea, very inventive :goodjob:. I'm gonna try this sometime.

You must play without Barbs?

If I get to the New World first it's normally a slugfest with waves of crazy axmen........if I'm lucky. oftentimes it's Grenadiers..............

Im not quite shure, remember i saw this on mutiplayer. He had 2 GAs and that was enough to grab most of the land, the places i did settel were eather squashed by his culture or so far up north it was useless. Even just 1 GA settled in the middle of the map would give you plenty of land.

Top Bottom