1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Win through the discovery of Education Everytime

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by nicketzsche, Nov 7, 2001.

1. nicketzsche

nicketzsche Chieftain

I was about ready to start a new game when with one turn left, another civ out raced me in building the pyramids. Luckily, I switched to the Great Library.

This may not be an original concept, but if you rush for the library instead of the pyramids, you'll be able to win through th early ADs for sure.

Once you can start a wonder, do that in a city with high production. As soon as possible, switch that city to the great library then change your taxes to 0% science and luxury. Also, begin building temples (rushing as needed) and libraries (for cultural growth). You may also want to start building a palace in a city near your capital so you can switch it to a wonder when you want to). Make sure you're expanding everywhere. Contact everyone! You can usually trade for cummunications at this point also (give them a little gold, it will pay off in the end). Once you get the great library, along with about 5 techs or more, go to your foreign minister and sell your techs to each of the AI players. Everytime you get a tech off the library, there will be 5 computers that need the tech, and they will pay cash for it. You can do this about 10 times at least before education renders the library useless! By this time, you should have cities expanding to 12, and you may have tons of city improvments or just a lot in the bank!. Make sure you switch to republic when you aquire it from the library.

I would guess that you'll make a little more off selling tech than you will from the tax rate. Anywhere from 200 to 300 a turn by the time the library loses its ability!

2. zandar

zandar Dictator School Graduate

*low whistle*:cool:

With up to 15 other civs in a game, getting the Great Library at all costs does seem like a good way to gain some serious diplomatic clout early on (not to mention padding your bank account).

Getting the Great Library AND The Pyramids and you'd own the game.

Very very nice, I may have to test that out myself.

3. ironfang

ironfang Warlord

This strategy (with 15 civs) has been tested and works... works VERY well.

ironfang