Window mode

elrfag

Chieftain
Hello, I've heard everywhere that you can play civ 4 in wondow mode, but I can't find the option to do this. Does anyone know how?

It is one of the settings in the .ini file which resides in MyGames/Sid Meijer etc.

; Specify whether to play in fullscreen mode 0/1/ask
FullScreen = 1

I guess 0 is windowed. Just found it, haven't tried it yet.

That's exactly right. i set it to ask, as i may like to play Civ and have an IM conversation at the same time.

Has anyone noticed any performance difference with windowed mode? I've noticed that it makes a big difference on other games, especially the Sims 2.

Well, you should get a performance boost if you play in a lower resolution window versus playing in a full resolution full screen.

I have Civ4 set to play in window mode at 1024x768. May laptop LCD runs at 1400x1050, so I've got plenty of screen realestate left! However, I maximize the window when I've got nothing else going on. This results in some bluriness (since laptops should always be running full screen apps at max resolution) but it's workable... EXCEPT for the fact that the terrain mouse over seems to be off by a few squares when I do this. Anyone notice this? For instance, I'll mouse over a mountain and the info I get is actually for the plains a couple of squares away...

Top Bottom