Windowed or Full Screen?

Fonzie684

Chieftain
Hi y'all.

I was wondering (because i did switch between both modes) how do most people play CIV IV? Windowed or Full Screen?

Fonzie

I play windowed as I get less BSOD or freezing.

I may have resolved that anyway with bigger pagefile, but not willing to take the risk.

Depends. I'd prefer to play windowed, but the screen doesn't scroll when you mouse near the edge of the screen.

TBH, in full screen mode you have less distractions, so it's conducive to better play.

Here is the question I have on that note.
I have 2 monitors. I usually play games on one and some other stuff on another one.
Civilization 4 drives me nuts. It does not matter if I play full screen or windowed mode when I need to go to another screen I always press windows button on the keyboard. When I do that Civ ALWAYS gets minimized and that drives me insane. I play few other games like World Of Warcraft, Heroes of Might and Magic ... and I never have that problem.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thank you.

HectorSpector said:
Depends. I'd prefer to play windowed, but the screen doesn't scroll when you mouse near the edge of the screen.

Ditto.7890

Full Screen.

windowed. only way to make it work on my notebook or at less than 1024x768. there's a little prog called shiftwindows that will make it perfectly fill your screen too (although that's probably defeating the purpose for most people).

btw, there's an option in the config file to allow mouse scrolling in windowed mode, but you gotta move to the edge of the window, not necessarily the edge of the screen.

bennos76 said:
windowed. only way to make it work on my notebook or at less than 1024x768. there's a little prog called shiftwindows that will make it perfectly fill your screen too (although that's probably defeating the purpose for most people).

btw, there's an option in the config file to allow mouse scrolling in windowed mode, but you gotta move to the edge of the window, not necessarily the edge of the screen.

Thank you! I would prefer to play windowed but do so rarely because of the lack of mouse scrolling. I'll go dig into the config.

Top Bottom