1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 10 Packaging Mod Workaround

Discussion in 'Civ5 - SDK / LUA' started by philhellenismos, Dec 24, 2016.

1. philhellenismos

philhellenismos Chieftain

Hello,

So there's been an issue with my ModBuddy, specifically the infamous error MSB4018 or the SevenZip exception. I found a small workaround with regards to deploying the mod for personal testing, but the problem lies with packaging the mod so I may publish it in Steam.

To deploy the mod without packaging it, and hence avoiding the infamous MSB4018 error as to test the mod internally, first right-click on the Solutions.

Workaround1.png

Then Select the Configuration Properties > Configuration, then find the Configuration and select Deploy Only.

Workaround2.png

While I'm thinking of using the actual SevenZip to pack the file into a zip file and change the extension to a civ5mod, I'm fearing a potential screwup. However, I will test it out and see what happens.

Troller0001 likes this.
  2. philhellenismos

philhellenismos Chieftain

I've managed to use SevenZip to pack the file and convert it into a civ5mod, successfully uploading that to Steam Workshop. The mod download seems to work considering there aren't comments about it.

To pack the file through SevenZip, first install the said program. After that, go to the Firaxis ModBuddy folder, then go to the mod folder of choice. After that, go to the Build folder and open up whatever is there (should be the Mod name that will appear in the Mod screen), and select all the files and have SevenZip compress it. When SevenZip opens up the compression parameter dialog screen, Find Compression Type or Method, then select LZMA. After that, look below to find dictionary size which by default is set to 16MB, and choose 32MB and make a Zip file from that. After that, rename the file from (Your File Name).zip to (Your File Name).civ5mod.

Workaround3.png

Mission accomplished.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Troller0001 likes this.
  3. Sam :x

Sam :x Chieftain

THANK YOU SO MUCH DUDE!!!!
    You saved my mod from never being able to be uploaded!

philhellenismos likes this.