Windows 10

aimeeandbeatles

watermelon
Found this when looking for a program:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Wind...e-Evidence-Courtesy-of-Microsoft-339803.shtml

Even though Microsoft has only recently launched Windows 8 and all eyes are set on the Windows Blue upgrade coming this summer, sources familiar with the matter have indicated that Windows 9 is already in development, so it might arrive as soon as next year.

Well that was quick.

Please do not clutter up this thread with Windows 8 flames. I will report posts which do so. I do not want to devolve this into a silly back and forth argument.

Windows 8 came out 2012, and 2-3 years is the normal release schedule (with XP->Vista being the massive outlier).

What does RTM mean?

This is just as expected as the sun rising this morning. I hope the interface and UI for Win9 PC is designed for PCs this time.

I wonder if it will have major changes or just more nice but smaller changes like 8.

I think it is well known how I feel about Windows 8 and its Metro UI but here are somethings that should happen for Windows 9.

1. Make the OS focused on PCs again, if anything release a separate OS for SmartPhones and tablets.
2. Bring back the start menu and include it with Windows 9, if anything make it an options.
3. Make the Classic desktop interface the main focus and if Metro UI is included make it more of a secondary interface.

Have you seen the Windows Blue preview? Not a single concession to desktop use. It's not going to happen.

Windows Blue will suck even worse then Windows 8. I hate that Metro crap with a passion. Windows Blue will be a massive flop. This Metro crap is worse then Microsoft Bob. The desktop will live on, if not on Windows, via the competition that this mistake will allow to thrive.

I admit, I for the most part am not a fan of tablets or SmartPhones and I hate touch based interfaces. I am an old school guy who uses a mouse and keyboard.

You can use a mouse and keyboard in Windows 8.

I just hope they don't get rid of the desktop in Windows 9, that is something I am very afraid of. I don't like change at all. A lot of it has to do with the fact I have Asperger's Syndrome. Being on the computer is a big part of my life and I don't want to see it changed so drastically.

I just hope they don't get rid of the desktop in Windows 9, that is something I am very afraid of. I don't like change at all. A lot of it has to do with the fact I have Asperger's Syndrome. Being on the computer is a big part of my life and I don't want to see it changed so drastically.

Really? I had no idea. Please, tell me more.

The best thing do do would honestly keep PC and tablet OSes separate. PCs and tablets are two different devices.

I am quiet honestly, afraid of the direction they are taking and what it might lead to. I do not want to see the end of the desktop.

Top Bottom