1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 7 - 64bits - No save game

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by Neojack, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Neojack

Neojack Chieftain

Follow tutorial to install game of this link:
    Game worked, but I have 2 problems:
    First more urgent: Can not save - How much I try to save game gives message I do not have original game.
    Second, there is no music ...

I have no more game, I bought it 10 years ago and I would like to play again, I downloaded pirate bay version, I followed several rules to work and game works but it does not save and it does not have music.
    Please help me...

2. Neojack

Neojack Chieftain

No one to help?
    Sure this game does not exist anymore to sell in stores nor I know how does it acquire of new version original and nor I know image works. There is no Steam or GoG ...
    Does anybody have original game image some link can make available to download type in mega sync?

3. Cicero1747

Cicero1747 Chieftain

Neojack, just a suggestion, but I got ToT off of Amazon for about $12, and there were far cheaper versions of every possible combination of the Civ2 franchise available as used copies on that site, as well as on ebay. Once you have an actual disk, it should be easier to avoid problems. For the record, the music files run off of the disk, so if you do not have a disk, then you have no music. You should be able to get Civ 2, FW, CiC, MGE, and ToT off of either of those two sites for no more than the price of a few coffees :egypt:

Cheers!

4. Neojack

Neojack Chieftain

Buying a game that is more than 20 years old is not a good solution.
    Well I say do not buy, it will not work.
    Windows 7 64bits does not recognize cd as a game but rather as audio only.
    I solved the problem save. Solution:
    Full version pirate bay (copy audio and video folder)
    RIP version (version works save) Link
    Civ2xp64patcher-Windows7
    Civ2_patch_project
    Everyone joins and the game works with videos and high advice, unfortunately music does not work ...
    Okay is wait for modified version for current PCs as we found GoG games ...

5. Cicero1747

Cicero1747 Chieftain

I understand what you are saying, but with all due respect, I installed both MGE and ToT on a Win7 computer tonight, and they run with no problems. As far as the music goes, unless you have someone who has posted the sound files off of the disk, you're out of luck. The game was set up to run music off of the disk, so if you want music, purchase a disk and stop digging in your heels about the age of the game and paying a few dollars for it. :p Otherwise, if you can live without it, it sounds like you are good to go!

Cheers,
    Cicero1747

6. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

Amazon prices are INSANE. ranging from $100-130 cdn. going as high as $787.30 :faint: best try E-Bay.

7. PlayCivII

PlayCivII Chieftain

Can someone help? I was able to patch Civ II successfully on my Alienware with windows 7 64 bit. In the last two years, however, we have not been able to install and play on my son's Dell running windows 7 64 bit. His game does not have a save option. This is both frustrating and challenging. Can someone please help?? I am not a computer genius. I just like to play Civ II. Thank you!