Windows 7 color problem

Brainiac18

Warlord
Hi!

Here's my problem:

I'm running Civ3 complete on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I suppose it's a some kind of resolution problem, as I'm getting a feeling that all the Civ3 screen is being stretched somehow and the colors don't fit each other :crazyeye:
No problems working with WinXP SP3

After two hours eyes are getting itchy and red, like as if I would played Civ for 24 hours or more (like it sometimes happens)

Tried to "run it with compatibility mode Windows Xp SP3", choose 256 color only, run it maximized (or normal mode). Couldn't find the .ini file in conquests folder though :confused:

Help!

Found .ini file!
Experimented with changing resolution, changing KeepRes=1 and Video mode parameteres - nothing helped (but it was the right .ini file, as I managed to disable intro movie for example, and swithing to bigger resolutions)

Come on, someone must have had this problem :(

I have the same problem, on XP. :(

I got it to work! I just changed the .ini file though. I put in: "KeepRes=1"

I got it to work! I just changed the .ini file though. I put in: "KeepRes=1"
Not working for me though.. :sad:
Can you help me out with this one?
Could you copy your .ini file here and also tell how do you run the .exe file (choose run as admin, run in compability mode:winxp mayeb, stuff like that)?..

I had this problem once myself. I seem to remember it having something to do with adding or removing a particular font file from the Windows directory.

EDIT: Seems it's purple if you have ClearType enabled.

Also, with Windows 7, you can download Virtual PC - WinXP Mode and play Civ3 in that. The added bonus is that Civ3 will be in a sizable window!

Top Bottom