Windows 7 help

NCC1017spock

Warlord
I have widnows 7, a brand new PC, 8 gibs of ram, and over 1000 GB on main hard drive (yes its a hard core gaming PC, 4 fans too, uber powerful processor) I installed rise of mankind mega, and installed the hot patch fix. When I open up the main game, all is fine, and when i go to run the mod, the game closes out like it always did to load the mod, but the mod never loads, and i just look at my desktop. I have tried several times, no error messages come up, but nothing happens :confused:

and yes i have the 3.19 patch for BtS

I have widnows 7, a brand new PC, 8 gibs of ram, and over 1000 GB on main hard drive (yes its a hard core gaming PC, 4 fans too, uber powerful processor) I installed rise of mankind mega, and installed the hot patch fix. When I open up the main game, all is fine, and when i go to run the mod, the game closes out like it always did to load the mod, but the mod never loads, and i just look at my desktop. I have tried several times, no error messages come up, but nothing happens :confused:

and yes i have the 3.19 patch for BtS

What you mean by "hot patch fix"? Because you are supposed to patch it with megacivpack patch only. No hotfixes at all.

okies, im just gona download the 2.8 full and try that

okies, im just gona download the 2.8 full and try that

Then patch it with 2.81 patch. No hotfix needed because that patch has all hotfixes needed.

I'm having a similar problem, though after 5 minutes or so (way too long), the game will boot up. It'll work fine, until the game actually starts. The map is black and most unit grahpics don't work. I've got the latest drivers for my HD4870, and this only happens with RoM.

All patches for Civ and RoM are applied, and the files are installed correctly. Any ideas?

well i downloaded the 3.19 patch again, tried the normal version, and now it works like a dream, so idk what was wrong, but it seems fine now

Many ppl have complained of the black terrain after installing the MegaCiv pack. Even after installing RoM2.8(full or Lite) then patching to 2.81 (which is the proper sequence).

BUT, what they haven't said is to what Path they have installed the Mega to. A lot of former BUG, Buffy, and iirc BAT players are placing the Mod in the My Docs path which WILL NOT work with RoM. It Must use the Programs path.

JosEPh :)

Blacked out textures usually happens because they're not being loaded into the RAM, either due to a lack of enough RAM itself or a limitation in the game code of how much RAM is useful.

Top Bottom