Windows 7 says: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly

poiuyt

Chieftain
Sid’s Civ5 has stopped working correctly. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will stop the program and will notify you if a solution is found.

I run 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium, on Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.4 GHz with 8192 MB ram.

I have an NVDIA GeForce GT 240 graphics card with 1 GB running the latest (Oct 16, 2010) driver; DirectX version is 11.

So, whiskey tango foxtrot, does anyone, including Firaxis, know what’s going on?

Not exactly a lot to go on. Have you tried different Dx versions? dx9 would be worth a go. I'd be fairly sure that that isn't in fact the latest driver from nvidia.

Could be the installation is corrupt. If you right click on the game in the Steam library and dig around, you'll find the option to Verify Cache Integrity or some such wording.

Not exactly a lot to go on. Have you tried different Dx versions? dx9 would be worth a go. I'd be fairly sure that that isn't in fact the latest driver from nvidia.

Could be the installation is corrupt. If you right click on the game in the Steam library and dig around, you'll find the option to Verify Cache Integrity or some such wording.

You're right. Not much to go on. I should have mentioned that the problem occurs around years 1500-1700. My workaround is to do a quick save at the start of a turn. So the pain is minimized.. but the annoyance remains.

I have not tried DX9, it's been DX10-11 since the start.

Next time, please use a proper thread title. If i see a thread, i don't want to guess what's inside.

@problem: Probably the generic memory problem everyone has. Civ5 is not that well programmed, it crashes for nearly everyone on bigger maps in the lategame.

it could be a steam issue. i had something like that for another steam game. what i did to fix it.

load steam.
right click the game in the library tab.
click local files tab and choose verify integrity of game cache.

I literally have to do this every time i want to run fallout new vegas. Every time steam finds one file that was not "acquired" properly. it quickly loads it and then the game runs fine.

Not sure it'll fix your issue, but it's quick and worth a shot.

it could be a steam issue. i had something like that for another steam game. what i did to fix it.

load steam.
right click the game in the library tab.
click local files tab and choose verify integrity of game cache.

I literally have to do this every time i want to run fallout new vegas. Every time steam finds one file that was not "acquired" properly. it quickly loads it and then the game runs fine.

Not sure it'll fix your issue, but it's quick and worth a shot.

I tried that and behold - Steam found a file that had to be re-acquired. I hope that solves my problem.

At any rate, thanks for the advice.

I am plenty ticked. I am aware that I cry a lot, but I did shell out plenty pesoes, and I have a right to be pissed. make this blankedey blank game work, I am losing all interist in the whole dang franchise

Top Bottom