Windows ME: VxD Tcpip + VxD PPPMac problem - Pls Help

redtom

Proudhonist
When I connect or disconnect a blue screen comes up, its happened a few times now.

Heres the bluescreen infomation I've been bothered to copy down the info on the blue screen it happened when I disconnected with KaZaA on (I don't if thats the problem but it has only happened when that program was on.

Anyway, heres the bluescreen info:

"An exception has occured at 0028:C2A57296 in VxD Tcpip (01) + 0002D796. This was called from 0028:CIC37D21 in VxD PPPMac (04) + 000057A1. It maybe possible to continue normally."

So I pressed "Enter"

And another blue screen came up:

"File Name: tcpip (01) + 0002B8C2 Error: OE: 0028: C2A553C2"

Anyway, it continued but it did unearth me considering the damage a virus, that is now gone, had done to my computer.
The virus "Winchi95" caused the computer people to replace the 2 CD drives twice, the memory once and otherthings.

Could it be due to the damage caused by the now gone virus or could it be KaZaA?

Pls, pls help

Cheers

Ps. I have just noticed a strange thing about the above files, today, ie, when the problem happened, was the first time they were accessed

Its Kazaa, it did that a lot for me to. Do you have the latest version? I do and it happens not so much now. Kazaa is an unstable thing, prone to crashes and freezes.

Top Bottom