Windows x64?

fpstream

Laza Faire Civilization
Anyone else here using Win 64? I am, and I attribute my wonder movies/into movie problems to it. Anyone else having the same luck, or lack of.

what kind of problems are you having with wonder movies/intro movie? If you're referring to CTDs when movie starts playing, then it's not just Win 64. Try turning the movie off in the ini file. If you're referring to skip/stutter, then it's not just Win 64. Currently, there's no confirmed fix for it yet.

Post your system specs.

The wonder movies work fine for me on x64, on an Athlon 3000+, GeForce 6600GT. Ocassionally the first frame of a wonder movie will appear like it's corrupted, but then it'll start playing and be fine. For the introduction video the audio drops out every couple of seconds. Pirates! did exactly the same thing though in all its videos.

fpstream said:
Anyone else here using Win 64? I am, and I attribute my wonder movies/into movie problems to it. Anyone else having the same luck, or lack of.

I'm on Win 64 as well, and I have the same CTD's when playing videos like so many others. Once the videos are turned off in it's fine.

I am running on Win x64, and I crash 10-20 minutes into play. I unpak-ed the art.fpk and the movies work fine. I've changed the location of tilearrow.tga to point to the right place, STILL CRASH. Such a pisser. My rig is in my sig. Its a sweet machine that can't run Civ 4.

I tried the fixes and no luck. My specs-
AMD 3800X2
7800GTX
1GB Corsair XMS
120GB SATA 2
ASUS SLI-8 Deluxe mb
All that's important I think, and of course Win 64

Bump Please Help

Big Ev said:
I am running on Win x64, and I crash 10-20 minutes into play. I unpak-ed the art.fpk and the movies work fine. I've changed the location of tilearrow.tga to point to the right place, STILL CRASH. Such a pisser. My rig is in my sig. Its a sweet machine that can't run Civ 4.

My setup is pretty similar to yours 'cept I'm using a venice processor with xp64. I'm surprised at the problems you're reporting. I had to update my drivers initially but after that the game has been running quite well.

I do get the problem reported above with wonder movies first frame.

But you're right, the game should definitely run, and do backflips, on your system.

Top Bottom