Windtrap

Lord Tirian

Erratic Poster
Made for the Dune Wars team, the mainstay of every thirsty desert dweller: The Windtrap. Can be used as building or terrain improvement - or both.

The model is animated and has 282 polygons. A button is included in the respective folder, furthermore, an alternative texture is provided as well for the use in a less Arrakis-specific setting. Also included are high resolution version of both textures (I always create the hi-res versions first, then I scale them down - I just included them because I used one of them for the button creation - meaning you might want to have it if you don't like my included button). If neither is used, the folders in the zip-file can be safely deleted.

Recommended fScale = 1.5; fInterfaceScale = 1.75.

Download and pictures are here.

Cheers, LT.

Cool. Could be used for some terraforming building in Planetfall as well. Or the way around, use this for the Condenser, and move the current condenser graphic to a building.

Cool. Could be used for some terraforming building in Planetfall as well. Or the way around, use this for the Condenser, and move the current condenser graphic to a building.
I made the extra texture with Planetfall in mind. ;)

Though I have to say I like the current condenser... I've rather thought of using it as a replacement for the atmospheric processor or as windmill replacement (for the Aliens - because once the Aliens are in, they shouldn't share a lot of graphics with the humans).

Cheers, LT.

Though I have to say I like the current condenser... I've rather thought of using it as a replacement for the atmospheric processor or as windmill replacement (for the Aliens - because once the Aliens are in, they shouldn't share a lot of graphics with the humans).

The Atmospheric Processor sounds like a better fit IMO. After giving alien windmills some thought, I remembered that the Progenitors are more biotech-oriented, so both the current windmill and this mechanical windtrap probably wouldn't fit.

You gave me the idea btw that it would fit for condensers to have the windmill effects.

I could then remove the solar collector terrain improvement (there are already enough improvement types in general, and specifically energy providing improvements), and instead let Photonics give +1 energy directly to Jungle and Greenhouses and Condensers (most likely to be built on arid terrain).

Top Bottom