Winning a Culture Victory as Prussia (600 AD scenario)

Here's what I did:
First, I started up as Vikings
-Founded Hamburg and Königsberg (1 tile north but renamed it).
-I prioritized culture on those two cities; the first thing I built there was Theatres.
-When Holy Rome spawned, I put my Huscarls in Hamburg. Then, I switched to Holy Rome.
As Holy Rome
-I founded Brandenburg, and I built Theatres and Weavers, focusing on Great Artists. As for technology, I beelined to Printing.
-As for the army, I sent it straight to Rome, then I conquered Jerusalem. In Jerusalem, I built the Dome of the Rock.
(Note aside: It's important that you conquer Rome and Jerusalem. Not only is it important for the UHV, but it also generates income. If the Masjid al-Haram has been built or you have an extra Great Prophet, conquer Mecca)
-When I discovered Printing, I selected the "Tolerate the new sects" option. Then I researched anything that would give me Wonders or culture.
(Note aside: I like Holy Rome's UHV, it's pretty easy and straightforward)
-At this stage, as for Great People, I focused on Artists and Engineers. I built Museums whenever possible, and I used the Engineers to finish those Wonders quickly. I built as many Wonders as I could on Hamburg, Frankfurt, and Brandenburg. That means pretty much all Medieval and Renaissance Catholic Wonders.
-In 1500, I started moving my capital to Vienna.
(Note aside: Maybe I should have moved it to Budapest, and having the Palace ready slightly before 1700 AD rather than in the 1500s)
-I conquered the Balkans, including Constantinople, and Spain gifted Copenhague to me after conquering it.
-I waited for Prussia's spawn, and luckily, they didn't declare war on me. I gifted them all of my cities, gold, and army, except for that part that stayed in Jerusalem or defending other cities. Then, I switched to Prussia (There is an option at the World Builder that enables that).
As Prussia
-I'm not going to lie, I received at least three Great People within the first ten turns. Basically, I kept building culture in Berlin, Frankfurt, and Hamburg while simultaneously going for a Historical Victory.
-I got very lucky, as a random event allowed me to declare war on Portugal in exchange for receiving 7 Tanks before I even researched the required technology.
-I was a monster in military, technology, science, and culture, so I won the Cultural Victory in 1932 before all requirements for UHV were met in 1940.

Last edited:
Top Bottom