Winning Score

PrinceOfLeigh

Wigan, England
Does the first method of winning always get the highest score?

For example, if my armies were marching towards a domination victory but happened to gain a Cultural / Diplomatic Victory beforehand, would the score be higher for the Cultural / Diplomatic Victory or the later domination.

I presume that it changes depending on the game but what I am basically asking is whether it is worth going for a long 'Milk Sesh' or just get the game over with as soon as possible? :confused:

Rule of thumb: Tiny/Small world...higher score by fast finish; Large/Huge...higher score by "milking"; standard world...mileage may vary.

My rule: don't play for score: play for fun! You like letting one AI left and have 65% for most of the game? Do it! You like finishing it fast? Do it!

Since you gains score by territory, cities, happy citizens, techs.. ect If your playing purely for a higher score, milk it for all it's worth. Build a bunch of cities, build grains so your pop will be maxed out, build Cathedrals so that your people are happy...ect

If you want to boost your score, use exploits. The easiest one (and the most powerful, altough not the worst exploit): ROP rape. But I don't see any fun to play it.

Top Bottom