1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Winning victories at different levels?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by GOLD NUKE:), Feb 20, 2003.

1. GOLD NUKE:)

GOLD NUKE:) Chieftain

Can someone build a chart of how to win any victory type on any level? I aam reletavely new.

2. [GoD]Toxic

[GoD]Toxic Chieftain

As a newby start on the easiest level (of course). Learn the basic moves and functions in the game. Thereafter move up a level and start to learn how to go to war and how to play peacefully. By this i mean you should try to optimize your game (the start is important). When you can end a game not being twarted out then try to winn a game by going to war. War is important on the higher levels so it is good to learn it now. After that try to winn a peacefully game. When you can do this move up a level and start learning how to use the Ai (techtrade and other deals). Winn by war and then by peace and move up a level ect.

This was not a actually guide or something, just some short advices. Hope i helped you :) otherwise start searching the forum and read all you can. This is the best way of learning the game while not actually playing it...

Edit: gaining own experience is the best way of learning the game :)

3. Hawkster

Hawkster sorcerer

I don't suppose such a chart could ever me made - the game is so complex and different with each game that there is no guaranteed way to win.

There are some great guides in the war academy here at CFC - once you have the basics of playing the game they are a great source of improving your play.

Winning ins't everything - each game win or lose can teach you something - learning from your mistakes or bad choices is the best method of all. The forums here are good for specific questions - esp the newby thread in general discussions - try that as a good pointer to some general points.

Good luck :) ;)

Edit : spelling

4. anarres

anarres anarchist revolutionary

Playing games is an essential way of learning the basics, but the best way to improve is to ask questions here at CFC, especially lots of reading of this forum (and the strat articles sub-forum). It certainly worked for me. :)

I do not think you should start on the easiest level, as the game just isn't implemented properly for cheiftain. The rules are so in the players favour (never disbands units, so can run a permanent deficit, AI takes about 50 turns from the start to build a settler, etc) that you will never improve. IMO, playing on a level where you are challenged and do not always win is far better than playing a level where you always win.

Regarding different victory types, you could fill a forum with ways to win each condition. If you have a specific question we can try to answer it...