1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Winning when losing?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by alpha one, Feb 15, 2003.

1. alpha one

alpha one Jarl

I plaied as the vikings on the UK map in the scenario list. th game was a recigde game with all victory options allowed. After I had built a couple of cities i saw a lonely babarian warrior on my city border. I thought: why not have fun and use my king unit? I did so and killed the barb warrior, and ended the turn. Then, out of the fog came a barb horseman and attacked my king unit and killed him. I tought: DAMN! why didn't I save? Then a box appeard and told me that I had won a conquest victory!

Is this a bug or something? Does anyone have a explenation?

2. Jurimax

Jurimax Duke of Flanders

How long had you been playing?
    Perhaps someone advanced in age, thus barbs all over the place.
    The AI could be using their king unit as scout, so when the barbs started moving, they could have killed the other kings first.
    In this case your king was the last that was killed, so in fact in your defeat you became victorious:confused: :confused: :confused:

Greets
    Jurimax

3. Seanirl

Seanirl U-Boat Commander

hmm... odd... very odd....

4. alpha one

alpha one Jarl

I was about halfway in the ancient age, so the ai king units were fortefied in their capitals

5. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Chieftain

I don't suppose you have an autosave? I tested myself and I lose when barbs attack my king.

6. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Chieftain

Attached Files:

7. Sinapus

Sinapus Defenestrated

Play with Mass Regicide on, not Regicide. Makes loss of one king unit a bit less disastrous. :)

8. alpha one

alpha one Jarl

As mentioned above, I didn't save. And I allways turn off that annoying autosave.