Winning when losing?

alpha one

Jarl
I plaied as the vikings on the UK map in the scenario list. th game was a recigde game with all victory options allowed. After I had built a couple of cities i saw a lonely babarian warrior on my city border. I thought: why not have fun and use my king unit? I did so and killed the barb warrior, and ended the turn. Then, out of the fog came a barb horseman and attacked my king unit and killed him. I tought: DAMN! why didn't I save? Then a box appeard and told me that I had won a conquest victory!

Is this a bug or something? Does anyone have a explenation?

How long had you been playing?
Perhaps someone advanced in age, thus barbs all over the place.
The AI could be using their king unit as scout, so when the barbs started moving, they could have killed the other kings first.
In this case your king was the last that was killed, so in fact in your defeat you became victorious:confused: :confused: :confused:

Greets
Jurimax

I was about halfway in the ancient age, so the ai king units were fortefied in their capitals

Attachments

• regicide.jpg
    regicide.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 279
Play with Mass Regicide on, not Regicide. Makes loss of one king unit a bit less disastrous. :)

As mentioned above, I didn't save. And I allways turn off that annoying autosave.

Top Bottom