Winning with Spearmen In the modern age

Perfection

The Great Head.
So I was playing as the English in a Huge pangea map, (80% water, 16civs, Diety level). I find myself on this meduim sized jungle and desert Island so I think thats odd but I keep playing. Than I build they Great Library. With my galleys I can't find anything so I think okay better stock up for when someone finds me! I built tons of spearmen and managed also to amass huge gold. (I set Science at 10%). Then one day an Egyption Ironclad pulls up to me (I'm currently researching Monarchy) and I buy their map and contact with a civ. Boom! I'm at the Inustrial age! Then I open my capital too see what I should now build and in the upper left hand corner is 16 rubber! All I had to do to defend my entire Island from this great mean ol' world was to stick my spearmen at the side of my entire continent! When they attack they bombard it down to one and just have sit there. Latter due to Heliocopters I had to move Inwards a bit but thats it! I bought factories and built me a spaceship! The lesson is even the lowly spearman has his day!

Wow... rubber monopoly! Don't you just love it when the psuedo-random generator works in your favor? :)

(Personally, I think clumps like that make it TOO powerful...).

that is bull. Without msking contact with anyone, no way you could have got the great library on diety.

My starting city had 2 gold hills and 3 cow grasslands and was on a river. I set science on 100% went for writing first and literature next.

It was great no Enemy Marines or Paratroopers to bug me and my spearman blockade worked perfectly

I used my knowledge to do something even better, 8 opponenets archapelago,emperor,arid and huge. So i play know and i buildt a standard 8 city center. Built the lighthouse and go out with my galleys. I managed to grab al the forests by th tim rubber came around. I was industructable. I killed of the otherr civs one by one. I got a conquest victory and boy was I happy.

that is bull. Without msking contact with anyone, no way you could have got the great library on diety.

Okay maybe it was bull

:p

Top Bottom