[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bite must have been lurking. Go asleep bite.

I still have not given up for today do. But thursday might be just as likely for announcements/patch drop.

I'm just going to recap where things stand right now:

There was no expansion announcement before the holidays.

There was qa activity indicative of a patch from October through the beginning of December. It ended with updates to the build that Aspyr sends to 2K QA for approval. This usually means that a patch is ready for simultaneous PC/Mac/Linux release.

Last week 10 achievements were added. But they were categorized in a different way that apparently keeps them from appearing on the regular Steam client. They also have different nomenclature than we have seen before.

There is an ongoing sale on Civ products until January 22nd.

Speculation falls into two camps:
1) it's a patch with a free scenario
2) there will be some kind of DLC package in the form of a Season Ticket

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they typically tweet in the hour (or within a small margin of error of it) or if they have more sporadic unpatterned tweets.

I'm just going to recap where things stand right now:

There was no expansion announcement before the holidays.

There was qa activity indicative of a patch from October through the beginning of December. It ended with updates to the build that Aspyr sends to 2K QA for approval. This usually means that a patch is ready for simultaneous PC/Mac/Linux release.

Last week 10 achievements were added. But they were categorized in a different way that apparently keeps them from appearing on the regular Steam client. They also have different nomenclature than we have seen before.

There is an ongoing sale on Civ products until January 22nd.

Speculation falls into two camps:
1) it's a patch with a free scenario
2) there will be some kind of DLC package in the form of a Season Ticket

Sorry for not going through 100+ pages but what's a Season Ticket and why is it one of the subjects of speculation?

Sorry for not going through 100+ pages but what's a Season Ticket and why is it one of the subjects of speculation?

A season ticket (or pass) is essentially a pre-order for a package of DLC to be released over a period of time.

It is the subject of interest because the achievements' placeholder names start with STK1.

The quantity of achievements tends to indicate DLC over an expansion or single scenario.

A season ticket (or pass) is essentially a pre-order for a package of DLC to be released over a period of time.

It is the subject of interest because the achievements' placeholder names start with STK1.

The quantity of achievements tends to indicate DLC over an expansion or single scenario.

I am hoping for more content, but would be shocked if a Season Ticket were announced now. The initials make sense, but shifting marketing model after the release of two major packages seems off. Either they would have modeled the sales that way before vanilla release or not at all. My gut tells me more likely to be a scenario with possibly a couple new leaders vs a commitment to ongoing content releases..

I am hoping for more content, but would be shocked if a Season Ticket were announced now. The initials make sense, but shifting marketing model after the release of two major packages seems off. Either they would have modeled the sales that way before vanilla release or not at all. My gut tells me more likely to be a scenario with possibly a couple new leaders vs a commitment to ongoing content releases..

They released a big marketing survey over the summer. If you read between the lines, they were looking to change things up.

They released a big marketing survey over the summer. If you read between the lines, they were looking to change things up.

I imagine the console version is doing quite well seeing as they released both expansions as a bundle, any chance the switch from dlc to season ticket could do with releasing in both PC and console at the same time?

Was the Deluxe Edition made available before the DLC got released? If so then it's essentially a season pass. If it was after the fact, then it's just a bundle.

The difference between the DE and a season pass is that the DE included the vanilla game. You could say that the DE was vanilla + a season pass.

If this is a season pass, I hope they tell us a bit more about the contents than they did with the original DLC. Firaxis got hammered on steam and elsewhere when people didn't think the first four DLC were worth the additional cost, especially with the viking one having no new civ. (And in some currencies, they did charge more for the bundle, which is why DLC 5 and 6 were eventually included.)

So this time, if it is some sort of season pass, I hope the marketing people have learned their lesson and will give us a little more info on what's coming - at least the total number of new civs and leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom