[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wonder if this is a good way to treat one's customers, not communicating anything for months. Personally I think no one is working on Civ6 anymore. What damage would be done if they just told us "we're finished with Civ6". Or if I'm wrong: "we are working on something"?

I really wonder if this is a good way to treat one's customers, not communicating anything for months. Personally I think no one is working on Civ6 anymore. What damage would be done if they just told us "we're finished with Civ6". Or if I'm wrong: "we are working on something"?

There are definitely still people working on Civ VI. We know this because:

1. They explicitly said so when they released the last patch.
2. There's a patch ready to go. We saw the activity in the Steam DB.
3. New achievements or stats or whatever were discovered in the Steam DB.

They haven't posted one of their pointless tweets yet today. Maybe that's a good sign?

Yeah, I have now officially checked out of hunting for updates. It's not that I don't believe anything further is coming, it's just not very entertaining constantly getting one's hopes up and still no news.

I guess I'll wait until they finally say something of some consequence.

Yeah, I have now officially checked out of hunting for updates. It's not that I don't believe anything further is coming, it's just not very entertaining constantly getting one's hopes up and still no news.

I guess I'll wait until they finally say something of some consequence.
Same here.
See you all on Civilization VII announcement.

I want to play Civ VI but I don't want to start a new game if an update is just around the corner, so I'm getting a bit tired of having to guess if it will be announced in 15 minutes or in 15 weeks. It would be nice to get a confirmation, even if it's just a Soon™ post.

I want to play Civ VI but I don't want to start a new game if an update is just around the corner, so I'm getting a bit tired of having to guess if it will be announced in 15 minutes or in 15 weeks. It would be nice to get a confirmation, even if it's just a Soon™ post.

Funny that. I've been playing AoE 2: Definitive Edition and Warhammer 2 this last week for the same reasons, and will likely keep on delaying playing Civ VI until we hear something. I'm a slow player, can take a week or more for a standard speed game.

Funny that. I've been playing AoE 2: Definitive Edition and Warhammer 2 this last week for the same reasons, and will likely keep on delaying playing Civ VI until we hear something. I'm a slow player, can take a week or more for a standard speed game.

I'm a slow player too, most of my games take 30+ hours, it can go up to 50 if it's domination. I'm planing to play domination as Aztecs, so that will definitely be a long game. Since there's always a chance that the AI will get noticeably better in a new patch, I really want to play this next game after the patch, hoping that the AI will have a bit more teeth.

I been playing Xcom 2 while I wait. I can't seem to escape from Firaxis grasp :help:

Well to be fair, the fact that we haven't heard anything might in fact mean that an update is NOT just around the corner ... just saying.

I think " The not communicating policy" comes from 2K publisher not from Firaxis.

Just imagine firaxis making a video of a chicken hatching an egg but instead of the egg popping out. It would go on indefinitely. It would be a fluke but 2500 posts would be created with 100 different kinds of theories within a month about the logic of it.
Which civilization invented the egg. Wether it has something to do with christianity or not. People would be searching the civilopedia for hours a day looking for hidden easter eggs.
Firaxis is teasing us. Lurking every day after a day at the office. To see how we are not entertained.

Last edited:
More filler posting. Bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom