[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine we don't get one - they've put comparatively way too much effort into patching and promoting the game post-GS. There's no way 2k/Firaxis would keep footing the bill for that if the game was finished.

Oh, how I hope you’re right!

I veto Hammurabi. This is bizarrely specific, but it bugs me when leaders that are in the score ranking are also in the game (even though most of them have been at one point of another). It's like really - I just defeated Augustus Caesar in the game, but I didn't rank as high as him on the leader board. Though I guess with some of the meta backstory the game, I can think of him having the high score but not playing well that round.

Well since Hammurabi’s vetoed, I guess it’s Nebuchadnezzar then. :p Besides those two, most Babylonian monarchs are too obscure.

I guess we’ll know in about a month right, if they continue the expansion release cycle from Rise and Fall and Gathering storm

I’d love to see
- Babylon (Nebukadnezar)
- Byzantium (Alexios Komnenons)
- Maya
- Italy sounds interesting
- a native North American civ
- an African civ (Ethiopia?)
- Siam
- Colombia
- China alternative leader
- Egypt alternative leader (Hatshepsut)

I guess we’ll know in about a month right, if they continue the expansion release cycle from Rise and Fall and Gathering storm

I’d love to see
- Babylon (Nebukadnezar)
- Byzantium (Alexios Komnenons)
- Maya
- Italy sounds interesting
- a native North American civ
- an African civ (Ethiopia?)
- Siam
- Colombia
- China alternative leader
- Egypt alternative leader (Hatshepsut)

That’s more or less what I predicted above, though you’ve switched out Vietnam for Siam and omitted Portugal entirely.

It does seem fortuitous that multiple fans are articulating a desire for more or less the same things. Hopefully Firaxis (and by extension, 2K) will be mindful of it.

So why not to try turn table around when it comes to 3rd expansion ... if there is not going to be 3rd expansion, what would be best evidence - and had it already happend ?!

* Release of Civ VI Complete Edition
* No further work on patches or Steam DB activity.
* Release of DLL Source Code? (although previously that was released before Expansions - this time it might indicate no more Expansions).

The fact that these haven't happened yet is part of the reason people are leaning towards XP3 being a thing.

It does seem fortuitous that multiple fans are articulating a desire for more or less the same things. Hopefully Firaxis (and by extension, 2K) will be mindful of it.
True, although I imagine they have decided long before now if they are doing one or not and our input won't have much sway.

True, although I imagine they have decided long before now if they are doing one or not and our input won't have much sway.

If they’ve already decided to do one, then our support is just gravy and will reassure them of their wise decision.

If they haven’t yet decided whether or not an XP3 would profitable, then I’m happy to provide continued verbal encouragement.

The past 2 expansions have either purposely, or coincidentally, followed a pattern so that's what I have been looking at.
8 new Civs and 1 alt leader.
3 female leaders and 6 male leaders.
4 returning Civs and 4 'new" ones. "New" as in name hasn't been used even though elements of the Civ has been used in the past.
At least one of the returning and new ones have been European. Georgia might be the exception.

R&F: 3 female leaders were Seondeock, Wilhelmina, and Tamar with the "new" civs being Cree, Scotland, Georgia, Mapuche. Returning European civ is the Netherlands while Scotland is the new one.

GS: 3 female leaders were Kristina, Dido, and Eleanor with the "new" civs being Hungary, Maori, Canada, and Phoenicia. Returning European civ is Sweden while Hungary is the new one.

Other factors:
One new South America Civ each one: Mapuche and Inca. Of course SA was bare to begin with besides Brazil but I expect another one to appear.
African Civ: The past 2 have been returning so we might get another returning one, though they could always throw out a new one.
North America has got one each in Cree and Canada. I think it's safe to say that any new NA would be native. I'm not counting Mesoamerica in this. :D
Nothing from East Asia in GS after getting several in R&F. I think we'll get one more.

So In short I could see something like this:
Returning:
Maya (given), Portugal (returning European), Assyria or Babylon (another ancient Civ), Ethiopia (most likely) or Byzantium (if they consider it Middle Eastern and not returning European :dunno:)
New:
Vietnam (from East Asia), Colombia or Argentina (from SA), Italy (New European and the largest gaming market not covered), Navajo/Apache/Comanche etc. (New NA tribe geographically from the SW USA to fill out the map.
Alternatively Ethiopia can be renamed "Axum" to be one of the "new" Civs as well. I could see then Colombia or Argentina not being in for Axum and therefore put Byzantium as one of the returning one.

For the three female leaders I would go with obviously Lady Six Sky for the Maya, Trung Trac for Vietnam and then it would be a toss up between if Byzantines or Argentina made it in with Theodora or Eva Peron respectively. I think Colombia with Simon Bolivar is much more likely to appear though than Argentina.

Axum would be a good replacement for Ethiopia, but I think the devs might think they are too close to Nubia. And as I think since we have Amanitore (classical) and Mansa Musa (medieval), and no modern representation of Africa, while all other continents have, I believe we will get Ethiopia led by Haile Selassie again.

If we keep the pattern of 4 returned civs, I'd bet on something like this: Maya/Portugal/Babylon or Assyria/Ethiopia. With Byzantines being represented by an alternative Roman leader.

The 4 never seen before can be: a NA native/a form of Italian representation/Argentina or Colombia/a Southeast Asian civilization, probably Vietnam.

Not precisely what I want, but what I think is likely to happen.

The thing is, very few people want Byzantium jury-rigged into a second Roman leader. They have a large fan base that want the full civ.

If Ethiopia needs to be repackaged as Aksum in order for us to get Babylon, Byzantium, Portugal and the Maya back, then so be it. The Kingdom of Aksum was one of the most interesting periods in Ethiopian history anyway.

We’ve already waited quite a long time for these five popular civs to return. There might be considerable grousing if that request isn’t met.

Axum would be a good replacement for Ethiopia, but I think the devs might think they are too close to Nubia. And as I think since we have Amanitore (classical) and Mansa Musa (medieval), and no modern representation of Africa, while all other continents have, I believe we will get Ethiopia led by Haile Selassie again.

You probably are right as in we also have Mvemba (Renaissance) and Shaka (Industrial) but I personally wouldn't want to have an African leader past Shaka. Ethiopia has always had some attributes of the Axum period anyway, such as their stelae UB, so I think even if we do get a modern leader we would get uniques spread out over their history like they did with Germany and Japan.

The thing is, very few people want Byzantium jury-rigged into a second Roman leader. They have a large fan base that want the full civ.
I would personally like them to be their own Civ, but I can see the alternatives to make an Byzantine alt leader for Rome as well in order to try to represent as many different cultures in the world instead of another Civ in that general area.
At the same time it would be interesting if they gave us Justinian or Theodora and make them being able to lead both Rome and the Byzantines. :mischief:

I'm 50/50 on Ethiopia. It's very close to being a series regular, having been in the last two iterations sequentially.

But on the other hand, it's not quite there as a series regular. I don't think anyone is screaming for it. The lack of African civs is not felt so sharply and there could easily be a new African civ instead, like Madagascar.

I'm 50/50 on Ethiopia. It's very close to being a series regular, having been in the last two iterations sequentially.

But on the other hand, it's not quite there as a series regular. I don't think anyone is screaming for it. The lack of African civs is not felt so sharply and there could easily be a new African civ instead, like Madagascar.

I hate to see any Civ left by the wayside, especially one as influential as that.

There’s a reason people keep pounding home that we’re missing Babylon, Byzantium, Ethiopia, Portugal and the Maya.

A thing that feels weird to me about the patch they are working on is that the last one was really good. There's not any egregious balance problems or bugs that need to be resolved. The game is in a really good place right now.

Maybe they are modifying the behind the scenes stuff for cross-platform multiplayer to include the new console platforms.

A thing that feels weird to me about the patch they are working on is that the last one was really good. There's not any egregious balance problems or bugs that need to be resolved. The game is in a really good place right now.

Maybe they are modifying the behind the scenes stuff for cross-platform multiplayer to include the new console platforms.

I wouldn’t doubt it. There’s undoubtedly a lot they have to do to get ready for the release on the new systems.

They've done a lot of communication about the updated Worldbuilder in all the latest patches, but I see people reporting that they are unable to load the maps they've done, or unable to change the prerequisites of the mods the WB is automatically creating for the map, it still need some fixes.

Babylon happens to be my favorite civ, although I also really like Byzantium and the Maya as well.

Who else is still waiting for their favorite to make an appearance? Hopefully in XP3?

pdreview branch just updated. No idea what that means.

It probably means they are going to have meetings next week. When it updated last month, it was followed by Firaxians buzzing about big team meetings on Twitter.

And it's not all about porting to consoles. The last time, art team members were involved too. If it were just porting, they wouldn't need new art.

They have removed all DLCs from the pdreview. So they maybe test something else than the new patch and also there was only two update of 2kqa's depot before update the pdreview, that is unusual for the regual patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom