[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Smoke update.
So we've seen Smoke updated twice today?

I start putting together a bandwaggon, but might we see a patch drop Thursday along side PAX if they've been able to test it and what-not hidden from us viewing the Steam DB?

Another Smoke update.

I wish they had two variants of this build: smoke_black, for daily testing needs, and smoke_white, for the final final one, which they would update when they're about to emerge from their HQ with habemus expansionem or whatever that term be in Latin

I wish they had two variants of this build: smoke_black, for daily testing needs, and smoke_white, for the final final one, which they would update when they're about to emerge from their HQ with habemus expansionem or whatever that term be in Latin
*A new patch has been selected as Pop... -er Release Build*

So we've seen Smoke updated twice today?

I start putting together a bandwaggon, but might we see a patch drop Thursday along side PAX if they've been able to test it and what-not hidden from us viewing the Steam DB?

Technically 4 Smoke updates today. The first two were within 10 minutes of each other.

Last edited:
Sounds like crunch time!

Ok, I'm going to back off my normal Doom-Saying and say this:

We've seen a bunch of updates to the existing depots that all mysteriously stopped. Now in the space of a week we get a new depot created... and nothing in it. Then suddenly the Smoke build gets crazy busy.

I think we're going to get a "final" GS patch and an announcement of a third expansion (which is the runner depot).

The patch will hit "Soon" as in VERY soon and will end on a teaser alluding to Ed Beech running in the Boston Marathon and how excited everyone is for THAT SPECIFIC DAY in the video.

The 3rd Expansion announcement will be on Boston Marathon day.

We've seen a bunch of updates to the existing depots that all mysteriously stopped. Now in the space of a week we get a new depot created... and nothing in it. Then suddenly the Smoke build gets crazy busy.

I think we're going to get a "final" GS patch and an announcement of a third expansion (which is the runner depot).

The patch will hit "Soon" as in VERY soon and will end on a teaser alluding to Ed Beech running in the Boston Marathon and how excited everyone is for THAT SPECIFIC DAY in the video.

This is...specific, i like it and hope it is true

That would be very cool, but honestly who knows at this point?

It still seems like they were planning a 3XP, then switched to a different plan. Perhaps they went back to a 3XP or actually never changed their mind (but the XP got delayed for some reason, eg console roll out)?

The survey seemed focused on smaller dlc type improvements. If we get a 3XP, does that mean they’re also still considering dlc, or did that drop away?

I’m still in the “I don’t know what, and I don’t know when, but maybe something good and maybe something soon... ish” camp.

But lots of sudden updates to Smoke is interesting and maybe positive. Something is getting crunched.

Has anyone considered the possibility that the 3rd expansion was to feature some sort of disease/plague mechanic, and the outbreak of the coronavirus has forced them to change their plans, hence the longer than normal delay? Just a thought.
Yes, this theory has been mentioned a few times in this thread now.

I’m still in the “I don’t know what, and I don’t know when, but maybe something good and maybe something soon... ish” camp.
+1
This is the camp I've been in for a while. I'm now starting to hope (again) that "soon" is "sooner" rather than "later".

"Runner" Ed Beach says on Twitter "I've run a lot in the past 10 years. Methodical, but never speedy enough to make it into a race that requires qualifying times like the Boston Marathon. A year ago my wife and I started serving as guides for a blind running friend. Now lucky enough to get to do that at Boston.."
"Runner" One definition is "Someone who is a runner for a particular person or company is employed to take messages, collect money, or do other small tasks for them."
Runner might not mean anything but if we want to speculate... maybe we get auto builders back? Diplomacy. emergency mechanics enhancements?
Spy enhancements. Governor enhancements?
Things that could aid the average player?,,, who is "methodical but never speedy" enough to compete.... make things more granular,, less about timing and efficiency? (unit diversity would help here too) spies, governors, builders, ideology, gov building, alliance improvements to give more options as civs develop? easier to defend against beelines.

Runner,, hmmm. Something olympics based or expansion of world games would be kinda cheese but maybe more long term (marathon) goals and rewards. Something to invest in where you might not be good enough at war where rewards can help you defend and build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom