[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they stated we are only getting these kind of updates from now on?
No, they have not said anything like that.

I think it's more likely we'll get an xp3 announcement in November.
I think we will see One more Expansion? Hopefully sometime in Winter/early Spring.

I agree.
As @Laurana Kanan has been so nice enough to track:
Fall 2017 patch was followed by Feb 2018 release of R&F.
There was no fall 2018 patch (last one was July 2018) and then in Feb 2019 we had GS.

Based on a lot of things now, I am feeling VERY confident that we have a Feb 2020 XP3 coming out, and that it will be announced later this fall. (November seems reasonable.)
I think that the name will be some kind of play on the Skull and Mask/Terminal-Carnival 2 word theme.
And will very likely include:
Babylon (or maybe Assyria)
Byzantium
Ethiopia or Axum
Maya
Portugal
and
A Native American Civ (Navajo?)
A fan request (Vietnam?)
A South American Civ (Columbia?)

As for features, plague or pollution of some kind is possible - and in general strengthening the economic (Corporations?), political (UN overhaul?), and general late game features seem likely.

No, they have not said anything like that.

I agree.
As @Laurana Kanan has been so nice enough to track:
Fall 2017 patch was followed by Feb 2018 release of R&F.
There was no fall 2018 patch (last one was July 2018) and then in Feb 2019 we had GS.

Based on a lot of things now, I am feeling VERY confident that we have a Feb 2020 XP3 coming out, and that it will be announced later this fall. (November seems reasonable.)
I think that the name will be some kind of play on the Skull and Mask/Terminal-Carnival 2 word theme.
And will very likely include:
Babylon (or maybe Assyria)
Byzantium
Ethiopia or Axum
Maya
Portugal
and
A Native American Civ (Navajo?)
A fan request (Vietnam?)
A South American Civ (Columbia?)

As for features, plague or pollution of some kind is possible - and in general strengthening the economic (Corporations?), political (UN overhaul?), and general late game features seem likely.

I've been thinking and researching on the Navajo. They were relatively recent migrants to the US SW region. They migrated all the way from Alaska/Yukon! If there was a land-based version of Kupe's Voyage, that would be it.

And by the way, her avatar is Catherine the Great, who would fit in the 1700s leader gap.

Last edited:
I've been thinking and researching on the Navajo. They were relatively recent migrants to the US SW region. They migrated all the way from Alaska/Yukon! If there was a land-based version of Kupe's Voyage, that would be it.

And by the way, her avatar is Catherine the Great, who would fit in the 1700s leader gap.
That could be interesting indeed. They were also hunters and gatherers and never started farming until they learned it from the Pueblo and started domesticating animals after contact with the Spanish. Maybe you wouldn't be allowed to settle your first city somehow until you meet a Civ or research your first technology. Of course it seems like it would be much more of a dangerous start than Kupe being on land.

Maria Theresa would fill in the 1700 gap as well and I believe an Axum leader would fill in a gap too.

That could be interesting indeed. They were also hunters and gatherers and never started farming until they learned it from the Pueblo and started domesticating animals after contact with the Spanish. Maybe you wouldn't be allowed to settle your first city somehow until you meet a Civ or research your first technology. Of course it seems like it would be much more of a dangerous start than Kupe being on land.

Maria Theresa would fill in the 1700 gap as well and I believe an Axum leader would fill in a gap too.

The Kingdom of Axum is classical.

The thing that doesn't make sense if Terminacarnival is a leak is the number of city-states in her signature.

She has 12 listed. Based on the civ list, Firaxis would need to replace Babylon, Palenque, Lisbon, and probably Antioch. That leaves 8. Since they have been keeping all types equal, you could add 1 to each of the six types. Or they could create a new type, which would also need 6 city-states. Either way, there are 2 left over, which makes an imbalance.

And if Colombia = Gran Colombia, Caracas would be on its city list

Last edited:
The Kingdom of Axum is classical.
Yes, I meant there was about a 500 year gap between Trajan and Seondeok that someone like Ezana could fill or Justinian/Theodora.

I’d be stunned if we got another update this year.

I think after this patch, most things are pretty good.

The only things I’d be still looking for are:
  • Unit balance. Anti-Cav generally need another look. Tanks v Infantry need a look (both need oil, but tanks are clearly better). Resources for Naval units could be halved, so you don’t have quite as though a choice between Naval and land units.
  • Walls. Tier 2 and 3 Walls are still a bit useless. They could really use a perk beyond just defence, eg +1 Housing. Sewers could also use some love given there’s such easier ways to get housing now - eg maybe Sewers increases a City’s District Capacity by 1.
  • Government Tier 3 Exclusive Policy Cards should also be useable by equivalent Tier 4 Governments (eg Democracy only Policy Cards should be useable with Distributed Democracy). Losing access to certain Tier 3 Government Policy cards is a big disincentive to using Tier 4 Governments.
  • Tweak Lumbermills to bring back a version of the adjacency for Rivers - LMs are just so boring without that. eg maybe +1 if adjacent to a river after Mass Production.
  • Let Military Engineers build roads without spending charges. And give Railways more of a benefit.
  • Fleets, Armadas, Aircraft Carriers. AA should scale up for units in Fleets or Armadas, as should aircraft slots in Aircraft Carriers. Aircraft Carriers also need to earn experience from adjacent units so they can actually level up.
  • Colonial Cities still need a bit of a buff - eg maybe a Diplomatic Policy card that gives you additional Diplomatic Favour for each Colonial City.
  • An extra Dedication per era (ie 5 instead of 4) would be nice, because the current four are a bit tedious.
  • Religious Beliefs could use a rebalancing. Ideally, I’d love to see a few more unique Religious units tied to Beliefs (maybe even move the Guru to a Belief only unit), although maybe that’s a bit much for a Patch.
  • I’d like to see Future Techs buff late game units beyond just the GDR. And I’d like Cities to have a power requirement after certain techs are unlocked, and for a lack of power to cause happiness problems.

You know, reading my list of “stuff I’m still waiting for” again ... it’s become a very short list. And quite a few things on the list are very small.

I don’t know whether to be happy about that ... or slightly frustrated...

Last edited:
Another choice for a land Kupe could be the Bulgar. They started out on the Central Asian Steppes and were forced to migrate westward the the Volga River in modern day Russia, then some continued further westward and then south to modern day Bulgaria.

Yeah I don't care about basic balance stuff as I can easily fix that myself with a simple mod, but I'd like them to fix the trade route efficiency nonsense already. And add a trade route interface to let me instantly pick the best available route among all my cities, none of that endless scrolling stuff that should be pretty simple to fix for them with access to the code. Add auto renew routes, so that I don't have to open the interface every other turn or so.

I'd also like them to add a new ancient era medic unit, that can only be bought my faith. Functions a bit like apostle chaplain, but cheaper and somewhat weaker heal (and of course cannot do religious combat or spreading). Just to add something early game that can exclusively be obtained with faith, for those people who aren't trying to spread their religion and go for that victory.

Now imagine her face when she reads this and is actually just a random poster and not the second assembling of the Typhoon we are trying to make her. :D

There's a very large chance we are just blowing it out of proportion based on a coincidence. And if that turns out to be the case, I will feel badly.

While I'm certainly not basing everything I am saying on our potential new leaker - FAR too many things are lining up for me to think that it's just a coincidence.

If they are the new typhoon, I hope we haven't identified them too quickly and scared them off.

The thing that doesn't make sense if Terminacarnival is a leak is the number of city-states in her signature.

While I'm certainly not basing everything I am saying on our potential new leaker - FAR too many things are lining up for me to think that it's just a coincidence.

If they are the new typhoon, I hope we haven't identified them too quickly and scared them off.

Who? What?

Link?

So... Termina is a region in Zelda: Majora's Mask which holds a Carnival of Time.

https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Carnival_of_Time

Strangely, our would-be leaker would only have been 1 year old when the game first came out and 5 for the final variant if the age in her profile is correct.

What makes you think she is a leaker? Did she provide some "leaky" informations oder is it just her wishlist in the signature plus her profile name?

There's a very large chance we are just blowing it out of proportion based on a coincidence. And if that turns out to be the case, I will feel badly.
Don't feel bad, I would feel worse as I started it! In fairness I do think we are blowing it out of proportion (also there's no Italy on her list so obviously it must be fake :nono:)

So... Termina is a region in Zelda: Majora's Mask which holds a Carnival of Time.

https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Carnival_of_Time

Strangely, our would-be leaker would only have been 1 year old when the game first came out and 5 for the final variant if the age in her profile is correct.
I went full tinfoil and decided her November birthday was probably the putative announcement date...

Last edited:
Appeal was primarily for housing, living near a swamp makes me appreciate that it is not that appealing, given the choice I would drain the swamp.

The more I think about it, the less I think I like neighbourhood housing tied to appeal. I think I'd rather see neighbourhoods just give a yield like +1 housing per adjacent district, and keep appeal more related to tourism. If you want to keep some link, you could give neighbourhoods like +1 amenity if breathtaking terrain. Then you could do more things like the suggested switch on marshes in the modern era.

But agreed that marshes need some sort of improvement or reason to keep them around. If not an improvement, them maybe have them give +1 food to adjacent farms, could be a sort of unique bonus that would intrigue me.

The more I think about it, the less I think I like neighbourhood housing tied to appeal. I think I'd rather see neighbourhoods just give a yield like +1 housing per adjacent district, and keep appeal more related to tourism. If you want to keep some link, you could give neighbourhoods like +1 amenity if breathtaking terrain. Then you could do more things like the suggested switch on marshes in the modern era.

But agreed that marshes need some sort of improvement or reason to keep them around. If not an improvement, them maybe have them give +1 food to adjacent farms, could be a sort of unique bonus that would intrigue me.
In theory, a reason to keep them around is that they slow down and weaken attackers. ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom