1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Winter Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

1. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

Wut I miss?

2. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

More speculation ;).

tedhebert, Kjimmet, Eurritz and 2 others like this.
  3. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

With the ports releasing on the Friday, isn't there at least a chance that they might announce a 3rd expansion just prior to Thanksgiving.....to capitalize on the post-port hype? ;) I'm thinking perhaps the 26th or 27th of November!

4. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

IF there's a third expansion coming on the same sort of calendar timing as the other two, I agree, and I'd peg the 26th as the most likely announce date because they like to post videos on Tuesdays, and because people don't like to do much at the office the day before Thanksgiving. But that's a big IF.

RohirrimElf and Aussie_Lurker like this.
  5. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I'm starting to get worried that we're not seeing the sort of activity we saw in the build-up to the last two expansion announcements. Could be that we're getting one later, or something other than an expansion. Still hoping for XP3 until proven otherwise!

RohirrimElf and Meluhhan like this.
  6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I think there's a good chance they've figured out how to hide any future content they're working on.

7. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Last time they didn't have console ports in the works.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm in a closed beta test for something (not Civ!). So I now know for a fact that it's possible to have new builds updating without so much as a ripple on SteamDB. I suspect an unnamed shadow app on Steam.

@Aussie_Lurker last time they had the Switch version which came out 4 days before GS was officially announced.

pokiehl, bite, The Kingmaker and 9 others like this.
  9. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

The more things change, the more they stay the same. :)

Victoria and RohirrimElf like this.
  10. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

2kqa_a branch just updated.

RohirrimElf and pokiehl like this.
  11. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

What does this mean for us?

12. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

They're still working on a patch.

My speculation is there will be a small patch with the release of the console ports on the 22nd. But who knows.

RohirrimElf, Kjimmet, Jkchart and 2 others like this.
  13. tomekum

tomekum Chieftain

Hopefully they will add the map timelapse at the end of the game. It surely cannot be that hard to implement and all previous iteration of civilization had one.

Bagfran, borad, 679x and 5 others like this.
  14. Battlehelm043

Battlehelm043 Warlord

They may be working on the winter patch, but as far as my sources can tell there is no Exp Pack 3 just yet. Although oddly enough, Firaxis did post on twitter about needing a slew of new hires for positions most likely to be used in Civ. So who knows what that is for but my bet is there is a build up for Civ 7 which is still a good many years out.

15. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

I would love for that to be back! All they would need to do is just capture an image of the mini-map at the end of every turn and then run through them sequentally, it may take up space but if they are recording all of the other details in the graphs then surely this would be possible? (even if they dumbed the map down to not show hills, features, resources and wonders, just terrain biome, city centres and tile ownership colours).

I would also love for them to also include a Tourism per turn graph; I know there are lots of modifiers that effect tourism to another civ but I still want to see my raw tourism per turn.

Maybe also a graph of number of active trade routes, military strength, Gold per turn, Faith per turn, Total reserched techs and Total developed civics too.

...Oh! A graph of number of tiles explored by each player! That would be very intresting~

Bagfran likes this.
  16. criZp

criZp Emperor

Your "sources"?

blackcatatonic likes this.
  17. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Firaxis is probably hard at work on xcom 3 or another project we dont know about. If there is work being done on a future civ it is probably just a skeleton crew. It wont come within like 5 years or so.
    Just because there are no steam depots or the usual build up behind the scenes leading to an expansion.
    Does not mean there is not a third expansion in the works. We might know in the coming weeks as November is the usual month for an expansion announcement.

Personally i think there is more to come for civ 6. Wether it is a couple more free patches with leader pack dlc’s. Or a last expansion.

18. Cuneiform

Cuneiform Warlord

Colonization 3 or Alpha Centauri 2... :scan:

Aussie_Lurker likes this.
  19. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

They should cancel the third expansion and release Civilization VI: The Musical. We already got a battle royale mode, Firaxis clearly has no limits, so just make it happen!!! Eight hours straight of Gilgamesh dancing and singing, it can't get any better.

Bagfran, CivLuvah, Jkchart and 5 others like this.
  20. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

They'll do a super-mysterious live stream for XP3 just like they did for the Gathering Storm announcement, only this time it will just consist of playing the Hungarian theme non-stop until we all go mad :crazyeye:

ZenSpider, SirWill90, Jkchart and 5 others like this.