[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get rid of pointless demands for gold from AI civs that have denounced you. They just waste your time since invariably you click "refuse".

This. This is one of the most annoying features about the idiotic AI in this game. Why would I ever give into a demand for more gold when I am rampaging across a map? There needs to be an auto-deny option for pointless requests like that.

Once, just for the Hell of it, I actually agreed to a demand. Did it do ANYTHING for my diplomatic relations? Nope. So why even have the stupid option in the first place?

- Ai weakened by war should get some revanchism, not to fall behind in anything. Strong discounts to techs/civics in % of lost population or whatever. Not available to playes.

Why would you want to give the AI even more advantages to production? On higher difficulties, it easily outproduces players and is given enough gold where maintenance is not an issue. Furthermore, the AI seems to suffer a much, much softer version of war weariness than the player, making it almost a non-issue to it.

One thing that I absolutely want to see addressed is religion. On higher difficulties, early game investment into religion handicaps players to a ridiculous extent. The AI has a strong chance to start with astrology out of the gate, so it can get religious districts up and running every quickly. If you want to get a religion, you have to drop everything else and pray you don't get sniped. It just doesn't work compared to investing in science or going full military.

Last edited:
Some more quality of life changes:

• A "repeat forever" option on projects in the production queue. Late game can really drag on with all the unimportant and tedious things your cities are bothering you with every 5 turns. It was better in other Civ games when you could just put a city on "wealth" and forget about it forever.
  • A "build railroad network" command for Military engineers. Railroads aren't particularly strong, but I wouldn't mind building them if it wasn't also for all the extra micromanagement. If I could simply build a ME or 2 hit 1 button and know that all my roads would eventually turn to railroads, I would be far more inclined to do it.
  • Anything that can be done to make games load faster would be fantastic.
  • FIX PATHFINDING
Excellent simple list!

Get rid of pointless demands for gold from AI civs that have denounced you. They just waste your time since invariably you click "refuse".

Stop the AI demanding you move troops away from them. This is lopsided since you can't make the request back at them, and badly implemented as it may be impossible - for instance where you have to use a strategic waterway.
Not sure on the first - I give into small demands when I don't want them to declare war, and it seems to work, although it could be my imagination. An auto-deny option would work if you want to always deny.

As for the second, I'd say it needs a better, clearer implementation where it wouldn't be triggered for troops passing through or fighting nearby. And, yes, you should be able to make the same demand on the AI.

1. City State diplomatic fixes: Add city states that were captured while you were suzerain to the 'liberation' casus belli. Some fix for "My Ally is attacking my CS". My ideal - there's a "leave that CS alone or else" promise that appears if that happens - they either declare peace or you get the protectorate war casus belli and the ability to invoke and break the Alliance. I'd actually like to see similar if two of your allies declare war on each other (you either broker peace or choose one or something) but that's probably a bit much for this.
This right here; especially the issue with allies going after your city-states. This and re-balance denouncements so if you are denounced you can retaliate in kind on the diplomatic stage.

Accepting demands for gold is actually detrimental to your diplomatic relations with a said civ, or at least that is what a famous civ vi youtuber says.

If anything, make them demand on you only when their military is equal or above yours. Otherwise it makes no sense at all.

The September patch has improved things a lot, but there are still a lot of little things that I think we would all agree would be improvements. What would you most like to see as a hotfix? It would have to be something that would be very quick and easy to implement. So while we would like an infantry unit between musketmen and WW II infantry, that would be a fair bit of work to do and not possible in a hotfix.

Here are my top two:

Stop the AI demanding you move troops away from them. This is lopsided since you can't make the request back at them, and badly implemented as it may be impossible - for instance where you have to use a strategic waterway.

Both of these changes could probably be done by commenting out one line of code each, so very easy to do in a hotfix.
As far as a hotfix, change the map-script for Terra Maps, so that you can get multiple land masses per hemisphere, & hopefully reduce the over-crowding that currently occurs.

Espionage history, anybody uses it?
Yep, I do, minimum trade time is 20 not 30 and unhappy cities can seriously mess with loyalty
Accepting demands for gold is actually detrimental to your diplomatic relations with a said civ, or at least that is what a famous civ vi youtuber says.
Yeah well, these famous youtubers often make stuff up when they are out on the spot and also we all make mistakes.
The one that got me was the person who discovered district costs made up how district discounts work rather than say they could not work it out.

If you are concerned about overcrowding, just start with two less civs. I doubt if it has any effect on the propensity of AI civs to sail to the New World. The thing is YOU know it's there, and you know it is full of useful CS, and therefore you make a beeline for cartography. The AI doesn't know that, and has less motivation to explore.

So, if there is going to be next expansion I would guess it will be announced by the end of the year. What do you think, what is most probable date for annauncment or what is the point at which we cay say with 99% that there is not going to be anything else regarding Civ6 except maybe some patch.

So, if there is going to be next expansion I would guess it will be announced by the end of the year. What do you think, what is most probable date for annauncment or what is the point at which we cay say with 99% that there is not going to be anything else regarding Civ6 except maybe some patch.

If there is one, it will likely follow the schedule established by the first two: announced in late November, released in February.

If there is one, it will likely follow the schedule established by the first two: announced in late November, released in February.

So if by the end of year there is nothing official about third (which would 99.999% sure be last) expansion we can say there is no more official Civ 6 content, and we are begining long wait for Civ 7.

So if by the end of year there is nothing official about third (which would 99.999% sure be last) expansion we can say there is no more official Civ 6 content, and we are begining long wait for Civ 7.
After that survey a couple of months ago that was asking about all different kinds of DLC content, we can't rule out that they might go for a leader pack or some other sort of DLC alternative to a full expansion. In which case, we have no idea when they would announce it.

We'll only really be sure when they announce something, whether it's expansion 3, a DLC pack or Civ 7...

So if by the end of year there is nothing official about third [...] expansion we can say there is no more official Civ 6 content
We'll only really be sure when they announce something, whether it's expansion 3, a DLC pack or Civ 7...
I don't believe in a long wait for any news: 'Civilization V - Complete Edition' was released about 9 months after 'Brave New World'. If this time we would get the same procedure as last time, that would fit quite nicely: mid November with respect to Christmas ...

OTOH I still hear this "We are yet not done!"

"Darby McGraw, fetch after ..."
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!

The signs for Expansion 3 are definitely there, and November isn't that far away now... so I guess we'll find out soon!

Khmer are trash, they need to be completely rebalanced and receive some new bonuses. They basically need to be completely redesigned, every single of their features is among the worst. Why is nobody asking for this?

I think the game is not totally polished, but it is complete for good or bad.

That being said, i wish a third expansion comes to make some of the current systems more fun and deep.

Besides this, pretty much the only way to go now is to add some of the mechanics they added in scenario packs. Or go into future and or space territory.

Whatever the case, if they pull it out I will get it.

Till the time comes, i can only hope one day I will see diseases, earthquakes, tunamis, great theologians and stuf that makes the religious combat funy, cool crazy spy misions to sabotage nuclear silos, being able to host the WC and chose new more impactful crazy resolutions, the long missed map replay of the end of old civ games, world wars, a customizable palace and space station, Kaiju invasions to entertain our GDR in future ages, and the addition of the Esoteric Order of Dagon as a religion!!.

Mmm, now my inner fan thinks one more expansion may not be enough :)

Khmer are trash, they need to be completely rebalanced and receive some new bonuses. They basically need to be completely redesigned, every single of their features is among the worst. Why is nobody asking for this?
I wouldn't say they are trash but an update would be nice as well.The Grand Baray ability should be updated to include Dams out the same bonuses as the Aqueduct does and being adjacent to farms.

Speaking of DLC civs: Persia satrap ability should tie in with governors, such as even more gold and culture if the destination city has a governor. This should have been a no brainer when governors were introduced.

Want to know one type of Great Person I wish they would do? Philosophers. I'm not sure what impact they would have on the game, but I think it would be cool to have people like Nietzsche, Aristotle, Sartre, you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom