1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Winter Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

1. AntSou

AntSou Prince

Kjimmet, WillowBrook and acluewithout like this.
  2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It was insane. The process flowed and developed so quickly that it was mind-bending.

Karmah, Kjimmet, 679x and 3 others like this.
  3. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

It was also the start of the Tamar of Georgia meme which I'm 100% certain is the main reason she ended up in the game!

Karmah, Kjimmet, 679x and 4 others like this.
  4. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Some civ members deal with leaks and scoops like cracking the enigma code in ww2. Got it down to science. Speculation is almost endless. Like if a reflection is a screw driver or unannounced leader.

since firaxis treats its fanbase with silence and almost no communication in between. Its all we have got.

Kjimmet, Meluhhan, 679x and 2 others like this.
  5. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

I wonder if a Firaxian is able to confirm that eventually.

blackcatatonic likes this.
  6. AntSou

AntSou Prince

I'm getting excited reading that thread even though I already know the outcome :lol:

I must search for that gem. No idea what the meme is.

679x likes this.
  7. blackcatatonic

On the leader poster, which we assumed was in alphabetical order, there was a picture between Pericles (Greece) and whoever was the next identifiable leader (Gandhi?) and we got stuck trying to figure out who it could possibly be. At one point someone suggested it might be Tamar of Georgia and it just sort of took off :lol:

Kjimmet, AntSou and RohirrimElf like this.
  8. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

Goodness, I remember that night because for the first few hours nobody noticed and there was no new info in the video (there was a general sense of disappointment), so I went to bed, and then woke up to a thready that was already double figures pages deep

9. blackcatatonic

See, the magic really does only happen when you're asleep :lol:

Duuk, Kjimmet, Meluhhan and 4 others like this.
  10. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Lets sleep a few extra hours this week bite. Our chances of new exciting stuff will go up while you are sleeping.

Kjimmet, Kimiimaro and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  11. Eagle Pursuit

As we began to get most of the leaders figured out, there was one between Germany and Greece that was a mystery. People would reference wikipedia's list of countries for ideas. Wikipedia contained an error though. It had Georgia after Germany when it should have been before. So multiple people would suggest that the mystery leader was Tamar of Georgia, only to be shot down by logic. But it was so hard to keep up with the thread that it occurred over and over. Eventually, it became an in-joke.

A few weeks later, Ed Beach accidentally revealed the list of leaders on a livestream and we figured out the mystery leader was Gorgo, alt-leader of Greece. But there were still some hold outs that refused to believe that alt-leaders were a thing.

Kjimmet, AntSou, bite and 3 others like this.
  12. blackcatatonic

And henceforth, whenever a new tease or image to speculate on appears, the first answer must always be 'could it be Tamar of Georgia?'

Ozymandias9891, Kjimmet, 679x and 2 others like this.
  13. bite

I wrote an article about it back in the day, such a fun mad dash around google to match leader portraits based on a handle full of pixels

14. AntSou

AntSou Prince

I went searching for the meme and read this https://tldrmoviereviews.com/2018/01/10/welcome-queen-tamar-of-georgia-to-civilization-vi/ and after you posted that I realised it's you :lol:

15. Eagle Pursuit

@bite perhaps if or when Civ VI is complete you could entice Ed Beach to do an email interview and write a follow up article about the inside perspective on the leader poster. And perhaps we could resolve whether Isabel was intended to be a base game alt-leader or a DLC and why was she dropped?

16. pokiehl

pokiehl King

Crossing fingers for a teaser today! I guess I'll give up hope around 2 PM EST.

17. blackcatatonic

I would be really interested to know this, one day... whether it was a sneaky tease or just a massive error!

18. bite

Historically they drop before now on a day, but they could change it up (also I am still awake and we know what that means)

Karmah, Kjimmet, RohirrimElf and 2 others like this.
  19. blackcatatonic

I still think tomorrow is the most likely day for a tease, if we are getting an announcement this week. If we're not we might be looking at 2020 before we hear anything.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  20. Eagle Pursuit

If they do something akin to the weather tease for GS, it will probably start in either 15 minutes or an hour and 15 minutes.