1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Winter Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

  1. pokiehl

    pokiehl King

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2017
    Messages:
    659
    Well I guess for an unprecedented third expansion we can anticipate a different release cycle than from the prior ones.
     
    blackcatatonic likes this.
  2. AntSou

    AntSou Prince

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2019
    Messages:
    404
    slave the population

    I like how you insert that in there surrounded by everything else like you're buying condoms at the super market and you need to pretend it was an after thought :lol:

    Edit: I think that's to be expected of more Fantasy oriented titles. Paradox can easily make Xenophobia and Enslavement into a fun element in Stellaris, but I don't think it would fly in a modern Civ title. There are other, less stark ways to handle these themes.
     
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  3. Eagle Pursuit

    Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2010
    Messages:
    14,371
    Stealing Relics should be an Italy UA component. They stole St. Mark's relics and St. Nicholas'.
     
  4. ehecatzin

    ehecatzin Emperor

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    Messages:
    1,118
    It does fit them, tho it would be nice if every civ had a unique artifact that could be plundered from It's capital., just imagine the flavour and grievances

    Yeah ti ended up sounding weird, but I mean, If I'm playing Rome and on the warpath, hell yeah I'm going to slave the population. Now to add more to it, it would be nice having to manage your slave population should you not want a bunch of slave uprisings on your hands.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2019
  5. bbbt

    bbbt Emperor

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1,933
    I mean you think those defeated units are going as workers with Monty willingly? He literally threatens "do you want your people taken as slaves"
     
  6. IvoryPavane

    IvoryPavane Warlord

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2019
    Messages:
    204
    Twitter has updated now with a look at the Hungarian wonder that supports diplomacy. (I will never be able to spell it! Haha)

    There’s nothing in the attached clip to suggest something coded or hidden (even though we know their marketing team do like to play those games), so not speculating based on conspiracy theories.

    It’s a bit random though, there haven’t been any other posts like it recently. Could be part of a new deep dive on wonders, but if so it could have been introduced better. Especially when they have to know people will be looking for update or expansion news today hahaha!
     
    pokiehl likes this.
  7. Eagle Pursuit

    Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2010
    Messages:
    14,371
    It was weird, because they didn't mention the new console versions or the double expansion pack for consoles. It's almost like a time warp to last December when it was announced for GS.
     
    Kjimmet, WillowBrook and pokiehl like this.
  8. IvoryPavane

    IvoryPavane Warlord

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2019
    Messages:
    204
    Maybe we are back in time....... I’d take that. Nothing better than new weekly Civ season, and considering how good alllll the Civs were in GS, I’d be happy to relive :D

    Sad if nothing announced though :(
     
    Meluhhan likes this.
  9. AntSou

    AntSou Prince

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2019
    Messages:
    404
    Which only proves my point of 'less stark ways of handling it.

    You can have these themes without giving the player an "enslave" button. E.g. the colonialism policy cards and the casus belli against less technologically developed Civs.
     
  10. ParadigmZwei

    ParadigmZwei Chieftain

    Joined:
    May 8, 2014
    Messages:
    58
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    England
    Well I'm officially abandoning all hope of a third expansion being announced right now. I'm still confident that it'll happen, and I don't think it's all that far away, but numerous variables (that have been discussed here) lead me to believe that the usual timeframe just isn't practical for Firaxis this time round. I do think we'll hear something by the end of Q1 2020 though. Until then, we'll just have to refocus on a potential Winter Update instead, :p
     
    Naktis and AntSou like this.
  11. AntSou

    AntSou Prince

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2019
    Messages:
    404
    Just about anything before Christmas would be nice... anything not console related.
     
    blackcatatonic and pokiehl like this.
  12. Pistol90

    Pistol90 Warlord

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2017
    Messages:
    159
    Gender:
    Male
    yeah, if there is going to be something I would also put 90% chance right now thats going to be announced in Jan/Feb 2020. 10% chance remain next two days.
     
  13. DWilson

    DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2012
    Messages:
    1,494
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Milwaukee, WI, USA
    I like when they announce it sooner than later so I can answer my wife's "what do you want for your birthday (12/18)” question with a civ expansion pre-order thrice in a row.
     
  14. Eagle Pursuit

    Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2010
    Messages:
    14,371
    So, in light of the resumed qa testing, I have a tin foil hat of my own.

    The last qa update prior to this was by Firaxis on Nov 11th. The last Aspyr qa update was Oct 30th.

    My theory is that by late October things were looking grim for the console ports. First, all the Aspyr people got sidetracked from the patch and expansion to work on the console ports. Two weeks later, 2K ordered Firaxis to have an emergency all hands on deck shift to QA-ing the console ports. This meant that all patch work and all expansion work was delayed by anywhere from 10 days to 3 weeks. That includes marketing. The ultimate effect was that 2K opted to delay the announcement and release of the expansion. Maybe they only had to delay it by a week and a half and it gets announced in the next few days. Or it got delayed so much they just said screw it and wait until after the holidays.

    But this explains why Firaxis had a release party for some ports that ostensibly Aspyr did all the heavy lifting on. As a thank you to all the people who had to do emergency crunch time in November.

    /tinfoilhatoff
     
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  15. James_Champagne

    James_Champagne Chieftain

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2019
    Messages:
    22
    Gender:
    Male
    That's defeatist talk! ;)
     
  16. Potworny

    Potworny Chieftain

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2018
    Messages:
    36
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Poland
    Yeah, you wish, we all have those fused with our skin already.
     
    679x and Meluhhan like this.
  17. ParadigmZwei

    ParadigmZwei Chieftain

    Joined:
    May 8, 2014
    Messages:
    58
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    England
    Expecting a Civ expansion each weekend is making my work weeks more painful tho, :cry:
     
  18. Swissy

    Swissy Warlord

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2002
    Messages:
    183
    Location:
    Chicago
    I'm expecting at minimum a hotfix for the pantheon bug in the next few weeks. The bug is killing online pub games. A typical game now is 20 turns, ending when it's discovered a player has used the bug as an exploit. It would be very bad form for Firaxis to allow the bug to remain through the holidays. All the major discord mp groups have hotfixed it. But, just about every pub game I try has a player using it.
     
    aguaacrobata2 and bbbt like this.
  19. RohirrimElf

    RohirrimElf Emperor

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2010
    Messages:
    1,021
    My theory is that the next patch is merely a hotfix. All effort has been put on ether consoles or future content, With minimal lines of text. Just couple of bugs/annoyances. I’m expecting a possible expansion announcement ether within 10 days or past the holidays (earlyest 2nd week/mid januari.

    my hopes are declining fast after next thursday with no news.
     
  20. leandrombraz

    leandrombraz King

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2014
    Messages:
    999
    After 3 years hearing people complain that Civ VI has Disney artstyle, Firaxis finally had enough and will add Donald the duck as leader, in an act of defiance. He will be a warmonger. In exchange, Disney will release their new animated short, Ed Opens the Civilopedia, about a boy who did something really naughty in a livestream.

    That's my prediction. I've spoken.
     
    WillowBrook, Kjimmet, 679x and 2 others like this.

Share This Page