[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too add to the speculation, hopefuly they give us more options as to what to do with a captured city, plunder it, raze it, slave the population. And yes, extract unique artifacts out of plundering cof*HorsesofSaintMark*cof

slave the population

I like how you insert that in there surrounded by everything else like you're buying condoms at the super market and you need to pretend it was an after thought :lol:

Edit: I think that's to be expected of more Fantasy oriented titles. Paradox can easily make Xenophobia and Enslavement into a fun element in Stellaris, but I don't think it would fly in a modern Civ title. There are other, less stark ways to handle these themes.

Last edited:
Too add to the speculation, hopefuly they give us more options as to what to do with a captured city, plunder it, raze it, slave the population. And yes, extract unique artifacts out of plundering cof*HorsesofSaintMark*cof

Stealing Relics should be an Italy UA component. They stole St. Mark's relics and St. Nicholas'.

It does fit them, tho it would be nice if every civ had a unique artifact that could be plundered from It's capital., just imagine the flavour and grievances

slave the population

I like how you insert that in there surrounded by everything else like you're buying condoms at the super market and you need to pretend it was an after thought :lol:

Edit: I think that's to be expected of more Fantasy oriented titles. Paradox can easily make Xenophobia and Enslavement into a fun element in Stellaris, but I don't think it would fly in a modern Civ title. There are other, less stark ways to handle these themes.

Yeah ti ended up sounding weird, but I mean, If I'm playing Rome and on the warpath, hell yeah I'm going to slave the population. Now to add more to it, it would be nice having to manage your slave population should you not want a bunch of slave uprisings on your hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
slave the population

I mean you think those defeated units are going as workers with Monty willingly? He literally threatens "do you want your people taken as slaves"

Twitter has updated now with a look at the Hungarian wonder that supports diplomacy. (I will never be able to spell it! Haha)

There’s nothing in the attached clip to suggest something coded or hidden (even though we know their marketing team do like to play those games), so not speculating based on conspiracy theories.

It’s a bit random though, there haven’t been any other posts like it recently. Could be part of a new deep dive on wonders, but if so it could have been introduced better. Especially when they have to know people will be looking for update or expansion news today hahaha!

Twitter has updated now with a look at the Hungarian wonder that supports diplomacy. (I will never be able to spell it! Haha)

There’s nothing in the attached clip to suggest something coded or hidden (even though we know their marketing team do like to play those games), so not speculating based on conspiracy theories.

It’s a bit random though, there haven’t been any other posts like it recently. Could be part of a new deep dive on wonders, but if so it could have been introduced better. Especially when they have to know people will be looking for update or expansion news today hahaha!

It was weird, because they didn't mention the new console versions or the double expansion pack for consoles. It's almost like a time warp to last December when it was announced for GS.

It was weird, because they didn't mention the new console versions or the double expansion pack for consoles. It's almost like a time warp to last December when it was announced for GS.

Maybe we are back in time....... I’d take that. Nothing better than new weekly Civ season, and considering how good alllll the Civs were in GS, I’d be happy to relive :D

Sad if nothing announced though :(

I mean you think those defeated units are going as workers with Monty willingly? He literally threatens "do you want your people taken as slaves"

Which only proves my point of 'less stark ways of handling it.

You can have these themes without giving the player an "enslave" button. E.g. the colonialism policy cards and the casus belli against less technologically developed Civs.

Well I'm officially abandoning all hope of a third expansion being announced right now. I'm still confident that it'll happen, and I don't think it's all that far away, but numerous variables (that have been discussed here) lead me to believe that the usual timeframe just isn't practical for Firaxis this time round. I do think we'll hear something by the end of Q1 2020 though. Until then, we'll just have to refocus on a potential Winter Update instead, :p

yeah, if there is going to be something I would also put 90% chance right now thats going to be announced in Jan/Feb 2020. 10% chance remain next two days.

I like when they announce it sooner than later so I can answer my wife's "what do you want for your birthday (12/18)” question with a civ expansion pre-order thrice in a row.

So, in light of the resumed qa testing, I have a tin foil hat of my own.

The last qa update prior to this was by Firaxis on Nov 11th. The last Aspyr qa update was Oct 30th.

My theory is that by late October things were looking grim for the console ports. First, all the Aspyr people got sidetracked from the patch and expansion to work on the console ports. Two weeks later, 2K ordered Firaxis to have an emergency all hands on deck shift to QA-ing the console ports. This meant that all patch work and all expansion work was delayed by anywhere from 10 days to 3 weeks. That includes marketing. The ultimate effect was that 2K opted to delay the announcement and release of the expansion. Maybe they only had to delay it by a week and a half and it gets announced in the next few days. Or it got delayed so much they just said screw it and wait until after the holidays.

But this explains why Firaxis had a release party for some ports that ostensibly Aspyr did all the heavy lifting on. As a thank you to all the people who had to do emergency crunch time in November.

/tinfoilhatoff

Last edited:
Well I'm officially abandoning all hope of a third expansion being announced right now. I'm still confident that it'll happen, and I don't think it's all that far away, but numerous variables (that have been discussed here) lead me to believe that the usual timeframe just isn't practical for Firaxis this time round. I do think we'll hear something by the end of Q1 2020 though. Until then, we'll just have to refocus on a potential Winter Update instead, :p

That's defeatist talk! ;)

I'm expecting at minimum a hotfix for the pantheon bug in the next few weeks. The bug is killing online pub games. A typical game now is 20 turns, ending when it's discovered a player has used the bug as an exploit. It would be very bad form for Firaxis to allow the bug to remain through the holidays. All the major discord mp groups have hotfixed it. But, just about every pub game I try has a player using it.

My theory is that the next patch is merely a hotfix. All effort has been put on ether consoles or future content, With minimal lines of text. Just couple of bugs/annoyances. I’m expecting a possible expansion announcement ether within 10 days or past the holidays (earlyest 2nd week/mid januari.

my hopes are declining fast after next thursday with no news.

After 3 years hearing people complain that Civ VI has Disney artstyle, Firaxis finally had enough and will add Donald the duck as leader, in an act of defiance. He will be a warmonger. In exchange, Disney will release their new animated short, Ed Opens the Civilopedia, about a boy who did something really naughty in a livestream.

That's my prediction. I've spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom