1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Winter Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

1. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I challenge you all to find a expansion hint on this one.

2. clapyourhands

clapyourhands Prince

Hint at a new modern leader for Korea that gets major bonuses to culture, tourism, and diplomacy through Rock Bands (actually a unique unit, the K-POP Band). He'll/she'll be able to produce them via Production instead of Faith, and will get bonus Gold and Diplomatic Favor when they perform in foreign cities. They'll also get additional tourism after performing.

Perhaps when at war with a civ they have cultural influence over they can levy K-POP stans to rebel a-la Partisans.

Ozymandias9891 and Jeppetto like this.
  3. AntSou

AntSou Prince

Going back to that tweet by Kevin Schultz, I'm of the opinion we still haven't fully milked that one :D

We've given full attention to the "Put Notre Dame in Civ VI, you cowards!" part of the tweet, and not so much to the 'Ow, I hurt my own feelings' bit. In what ways could a marketing manager hurt his own feelings regarding Notre Dame not being in Civ?

These are the contexts in which "I hurt my own feelings" would make the most sense:

1. There's no more Civ content coming. This is the most straight forward explanation, unfortunately :(

2. They've gone through which wonders to add in a new DLC/EXP, but Notre Dame was excluded. He voiced his opinion in favour but ended up conceding with the group. He's marketing manager, dunno how much influence he'd have in the choice, unless...

... 3. The one I've mentioned earlier: wonders will be destructible in the new expansion which means:

a) They've excluded Notre Dame because it's too soon to see Notre Dame burning in the game;
    or
    b) They considered including the recent Notre Dame Fire in the trailer, but thought too soon.
    Him being marketing manager, either way the "I hurt my own feelings" would make perfect sense.

4. pokiehl

pokiehl King

"I hurt my own feelings" because he called Firaxis cowards and he is part of Firaxis, so he's insulting himself. Whether there is or isn't more content coming it's safe that Notre Dame isn't coming IMO.

Kjimmet, Kimiimaro and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  5. AntSou

AntSou Prince

Oh. Yeah... I guess there's that too. :)

6. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Unless, he's setting up a redemption for Firaxis when they reveal that Notre Dame is being added.

AntSou and pokiehl like this.
  7. Karmah

Karmah King Supporter

Good thing he didn't tweet about the pasta he ate at lunch, the forum would be stormed about the inclusion of Italy. Then someone would start a branching theory about another civ who is the actual inventor of pasta and dig some anectode about a leader famous for a quote including pasta and we would have a controversy on our hands :)

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  8. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Warlord

this tweet is too easy to decipher.
    Kevin is an american , so alt american leader , he is wearing a grey shirt , symbolizing the greyhound busses , so something with roads , interstates , faster road connections or more movement on the roads , he also has glasses , clearly a shout to benjamin franklin and his inventions , so science bonuses from great people?

Kjimmet, LMT and Karmah like this.
  9. Eagle Pursuit

Lol. An American leader famous for roads and you skip right over Dwight Eisenhower?

WillowBrook, Kjimmet, Swissy and 4 others like this.
  10. kotpeter

kotpeter Chieftain

WillowBrook and bbbt like this.
  11. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Warlord

I've heard one of the developers of Civ 6 breathes.
    Do you know who else breathes?
    That's right.

Catherine the Great

12. AntSou

AntSou Prince

Well, I've got some bad news for you...

13. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I would not be surprised if the low level of marketing chatter this week is due to them wanting to get that patch out so that tweets and such don't get drowned in complaints.

We'll see if console hype increases next week after the patch.

Edit: I seen to have neglected to quote @kotpeter 's post.

Also, I'm placing no bets either way on whether hints at future content will follow.

14. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Warlord

Oh the things one S can do.

15. Eagle Pursuit

16. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

But Deity isn't even that challenging, it is just survive the early game and likely cruise to victory. I played Civ IV recently and I got beat handily on Noble difficulty, which is around the equivalent of Prince in Civ VI. I would say that i'm a fairly skilled at Civ, but Immortal and Deity are just a cake walk once you hold off early invaders and it shouldn't be that way.

I know if I moved up to Immortal in Civ IV and held off an early war, i'd still have a battle on my hands to win a Science or Culture victory.

cvb likes this.
  17. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

18. Icicle

Icicle Prince

19. cvb

cvb Prince

Spoiler :
    ELCbfBGXsAAUjXY.jpg

I see a package of 7 leaders, 4 male, 3 female. The one on the top is the king (of cider manufacturing). Perhaps Louis XIV?! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2019
  20. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

But, BTS is a kpop group of seven males. :confused:

cvb, Kjimmet and Ondolindë like this.